Ulteig is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Graduate Electrical Engineer working in the Automation, Integration, and System Protection (AISP) Department. The Graduate Electrical Engineer will perform routine engineering tasks; create points lists, remote terminal unit (RTU) programs, human machine interfaces (HMI’s), meter programs, metering overviews, and calculations under the supervision of a lead engineer.What You'll Do
Assist in the design, development, and implementation of engineering systems, including program, install, test, and commission Remote Terminal Units (RTU’s), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s), Programmable Automation Controllers (PAC’s), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s), meters, and generator analog and protection system monitoring. Additionally, the engineer will perform Factory Acceptance Testing, Site Acceptance Testing, complex loss calculations, metering overviews, and similar technical work within the AISP Department.What We Expect from You
What You Can Expect from Ulteig
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required. ABET accredited program or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam or the ability to obtain within 1 year of hire.
- Engineering internship experience preferred.
- Electrical power systems coursework preferred. Proven experience in Microsoft Software Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access).
- Applies current, standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to complete engineering tasks.
- Develops plans, specifications, and observation reports to see that these items are complete, accurate and in accordance with sound engineering practice.
- Practices efficiency engineering as it pertains to design selection.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality.
- Works closely with engineering technicians and experienced electrical engineers.
- Performs detailed engineering design and evaluations within specialty.
- Prepares reports and correspondence concerning the direction of assigned projects.
- May participate in marketing, sales and business development activities within assigned market.
- Demonstrates a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Willing to travel 15-20% of the year.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with clients to ensure we are meeting their needs.
- Works closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Must have authorization to work permanently in the US.
Ulteig is a purpose driven organization that has built a culture focused on people – both our clients and our employees for over 75 years. Working at Ulteig is more than a job, it means you will have the opportunity to make a difference by creating and solving for a sustainable future. We realize that a huge part of our success has relied heavily on the dedication and focus of our workforce; this is why we make investing in our employees a top priority. Being 100% employee-owned means, we take our own success and the success of our clients personally.We offer our team members:
- Flexible Workplace
- Employee Ownership
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Collaborative Environment
- Innovative Culture
Our vision is to be the most trusted partners transforming our world’s critical infrastructure. Ulteig connects people and resources to develop compelling, integrated solutions across multiple Lifeline Sectors®, including power, renewables, transportation and water. Ulteig's footprint spans the country and leverages its expertise with a wide range of public and private clients.
At Ulteig, we deeply care and listen to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive whether they choose to work remotely, hybrid or in office. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what's important to them. Our offices are currently open, and employees have the option of accessing them to work. We will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively to ensure the safety of our valued employees.
If you would like to be a part of a company that empowers their employees, apply today!Ulteig is a Drug Free WorkplaceACHIEVE | GROW | COLLABORATE
Additional Opportunity Details:
Position pay range is $72k - $80k depending on location*
* Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary include your job specific skills, education, training, job location, number of years of experience related to this role and comparison to other employees already in this role.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: to protect the interests of all parties, Ulteig Engineers, Inc., will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidateoran approved vendor that has a written and signed agreement in place with Ulteig. Please do not contact or forward resumes to our company employees or locations. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered Ulteig property. Ulteig is not responsible for any charges or fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)