Job Title:Sales Lead
Locations: Western Illinois
AdvancedAgrilyticsis rapidly expanding its team across the state of Illinois.
Are you a self-starter who would like to shape the intersection of agriculture and technology? Would you like to grow a business and celebrate its success? Do you like beingdirectly engaged with the farmer in their operation?
AdvancedAgrilyticsseeks a Sales Lead for a local fieldsales position. The Sales Lead is a grower-focusedrole based on growing market sharethrough sales, building strong relationships with customers and collaborating with our Precision Agronomists who provide leading-edge agronomicadvisingservices using bothtraditional agronomic principles with strong sub-field environmental focus anddigital products.The company seeks candidates whoenjoy the developing relationships, selling and have a passion for bringing data-backed advice to a farmer.Qualified candidates must have afocus ongrowth, teamwork, collaboration, and dedication to a true systems approach to agronomy with the ability to articulate that to a prospective grower. This role reports directly to the Area Business Manager for the state.
AdvancedAgrilyticsis an agronomic tech company that provides farmers with actionable, customized strategies to deliver sustainable outcomes at the sub-acre level. Our independent hands-on approach combines field specific data with agronomic research to meet farmers at the cross-section of technology and a personal agronomist. With our patented Hex-Grid system, AdvancedAgrilyticsprovides precise recommendations that help farmers manage inputs and resources and maximize profitability in any given environment. Our recommendations, backed with our own research and proprietary data systems, provide operations prescriptions focused on return on investment and independent of product manufacturers and retailers. Founded in 2013, AdvancedAgrilyticsis rapidly expanding its team across the Midwest. The successful candidate will join a team of industry veterans with experience within agriculture’s leading seed, chemical and agriculture technology companies.
Sales& Market ShareGrowth
· Primary responsibility is to develop new prospects via existing relationships and cold calling to generate and uncover opportunities for customer acquisition
· Own and lead full sales cycle from lead generation to closing deals. Support re-contracting during end-of-year reviews for existing customers (Precision Agronomist will deliver enterprise reports evaluating past year performance and develop plans for the upcoming season)
· Introduce prospective customers to Precision Agronomists to co-sell the Advanced Agrilytics platform/offering
· Consult customers along with the Precision Agronomist on agricultural issues to facilitate relationship-building and collaborate closely with local Precision Agronomists to co-sell the Advanced Agrilytics platform/offering
· Facilitate onboarding of customers and transition to Precision Agronomists for long-term servicing
· Develop consistent communication with the Precision Agronomist and customer to ensure outstanding customer satisfaction and best-in-class high touch service
- Develop strategies to implement our proprietary software offerings to achieve sales, revenue, and marketing share targets within the defined market/territory.
· Collaborate with Area Business Manager, Regional Business Director, and/or Marketing to provide feedback on market penetration, marketing program needs, etc.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Enjoys developing selling relationships and has a passion for serving farmers
· Demonstrates passion for exceeding customer needs and the ability to influence to close the sale
· Comfortable speaking to large groups and 1:1 cold calling and has proficient oral communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
· Strong listening skills to carefully appreciate unique customer needs and align them intocompelling value propositions
· Comfortableinchallenging customers andplay the role of achange agent to help them improve their operations
· Collaborative nature to partner well with Precision Agronomists and Lead Agronomists to deliver team-based experience to customers
· Dedicated to precision agriculture and an agronomic approach that offers grower-specific products to improve results through tailored data management and analytics
· Self-motivated and results-oriented: embraces goals and goal setting for a successful career in sales
· Four-year bachelor's degree in Agriculture Business, Agronomy, or related field with 2 or more years of experience or Associates degree with 5 or more years of related experience
· Preferred minimum 2+ years in roles owning full sales process, preferably (but not required) in agriculture-related industry
· Willing to maintain or obtain a Certified Crop Advisor certification within 1 year of employment
· Preferred candidates have Experience selling in an early-stage environment
· Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
· Must reside in the U.S.
· Clean driving record
What we offer you:
· Competitive compensation, driven by your performance
· Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
· 401(k) Plan with company match
· Paid vacation
· Remote role with opportunity to travel for team training or events a few times a year
· Collaborative, autonomous work culture where each person makes a difference!