Location: Greensburg, IndianaElectrical EngineerWhat Makes a Honda, is Who makes a Honda
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company which serves as a source of "power" that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize "the joy and freedom of mobility" by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a "zero environmental footprint."
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda's, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!About this position-
Ensure proper implementation of new or modified equipment and support production equipment to sustain or improve department characteristics.Responsibilities include:
Who we are seeking:Required Work Experience:
- Provide technical support for department equipment to support mass production.
- Manage projects to ensure that schedules and targets are achieved.
- Design an evaluate equipment/process solutions to drie department improvements.
- Ensure prper installation and operation of new or modifield (change points) equipment to meet project targets.
- Lead/support equipment troubleshooting to minimize downtime and maintain production targets.
- Effectively communicate and document project status, equipment changes, etc.
- Develop capability of colleagues and team through training, mentoring, and sharing of experiences in area of technical expertise and understanding for succession planning and to increase team workload capacity.
- Lead/support problem solving to determine root cause and establish equipment countermeasures.
- Support departments initiatives as required
0-2 Years Experience with Automated Production EquipmentRequired Education:
• BS in Electrical Engineering or other relevant field of study OR
• Equivalent ExperienceOther Job Specific Skills:
• Self-Motivated individual that works well with little supervision in addition to working well in a team environment
• Experience with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
• Experience with Industrial networks (EIP, DeviceNet, etc...)
• Fluent in Microsoft Office Package
• Aptitude for and knowledge of electro-mechanical manufacturing system
• Short and long term project management planning skills.
• Ability to lead projects and supervise contractor
• Good written and oral communication skills and ability to effectively present information at all levels within the company
• AutoCAD design drawing experience
• Desired but not Required KSAs: Experience with Motoman robots; Machine Design; Catia (or applicable 3D design software),Pneumatics.Additional Position Factors:
• Primarily work in production office
• Work on production floor for installs and troubleshooting
• Ability to lift 20 lbs and operate vibrating hand tool
• Travel 3-4 times per year or as business needs require
• Work weekends and various shifts as needed
• Overtime 5-15 hours a week (depending on project)Total Rewards
- Competitive Base Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Bonus Program
- 401K Program
- Honda Product Programs
- Company Car Program
- Relocation Assistance
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.