About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom's vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
Boom is seeking a System Requirements Engineer to support and facilitate requirements elicitation, capture and management activities for aircraft systems. You must have experience capturing and allocating complex derived requirements for complex systems. You will work hand-in-hand with the program team and technical disciplines to facilitate the process for requirement capture and management for aircraft systems. As such, you will have a general understanding and/or experience in capturing and managing requirements for key technical disciplines (i.e. vehicle configuration, mechanical systems, electrical systems, powerplant, structures or software).
This role will require someone who is capable of guiding assigned technical discipline teams through the requirement capture and management process and providing exceptional support to those teams in validation and verification efforts of each requirement. Responsibilities
- Elicit, capture and write necessary, verifiable and attainable technical requirements that meet Boom's quality standards
- Ensure completeness of requirements
- Allocate requirements to systems specifications, supplier specifications, and lower level component and part specifications
- Establish and ensure traceability top-down and bottom-up throughout the requirement architecture
- Prepare for and obtain validation of requirements by Discipline Owners, System Safety, and required technical subject-matter experts
- Provide support to discipline teams in preparation for requirement verification activities and ensuring verification artifacts are captured and traceable to the requirements
- Generate, manage and release requirement specifications
- Facilitate, track and propose requirement changes as they arise and represent system requirements in change board activities and design review meetings, as requested.
- 5+ years experience in requirements engineering or systems engineering
- A relevant bachelor's degree (e.g. in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering or Computer Science)
- Experience eliciting, capturing and managing requirements on a complex, multi-tiered program.
- Experience with requirements management tools (particularly with ENOVIA 3DX TRM, Jama, DOORS)
- Experience managing requirement changes for a complex program
- Experience working with stakeholders across the company (engineering, manufacturing, product management, program management, senior leadership, certification manager).
- Excellent problem solving skills; can lead a team through solving hard, complex, ambiguous technical problems
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to interface effectively with different groups internally and externally
- Superb organizational skills and acute attention to detail
- Guidelines for Development of Civil Aircraft and Systems per ARP 4754
- Aircraft Safety Assessment Process per ARP 4761
- Software/Complex Hardware Development Life Cycle per DO-178/254
- Environmental qualification per DO-160
- Experience in supporting or leading requirements capture and management in concept and development phase of product/program life cycles
- Experience managing requirements for an aircraft development or production program.
- Experience working with certification agencies to track and manage requirements.
Part 25 certification experience
The Base Salary Range for this position is $96,000 - $120,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom's total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.