Vedder Price's Chicago office is looking for a Pitch and Proposal Specialist. The Pitch and Proposal Specialist (the Specialist) is responsible for maintaining our systems and documents needed during the pursuit of new work with current clients or prospects. The Specialist will be the in-house expert on pitch and proposal production and will lead the most significant RFP efforts. The Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance of our master documents, and will play a key role in training the rest of the Practice Development (PD) staff and ensuring quality.As the Pitch and Proposal Specialist, your job duties will include but not be limited to:
Skills & Competencies:
- Oversee the firm’s master pitch and proposal materials, and the pitch tracker.
- Prepare firm collateral, formal RFPs, pitch materials and competitive intelligence reports as needed.
- Maintain the Best Practices, or firm procedures, on how best to prepare and present material for business development opportunities. The Specialist will also train the other practice development staff on Best Practices and help create systems to ensure high quality.
- Assist with collecting, drafting and cataloging the legal experience and credentials of the lawyers for use in pitches, proposals and directory submissions.
- Oversee the proposal and materials repositories and standardized language for RFP responses.
Qualifications & Required Experience:
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal relations, written and oral communication skills required
- Strong client service attitude required
- Needs to work well under pressure and be an excellent problem-solver and team player
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail is necessary
- Must have ability to work effectively with personnel at diverse levels of the firm
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of six to nine years of experience in professional services field preferred.
- Familiarity with CRM, business reference and research tools, including corporate deal databases; social media experience is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in the following software:
Equal Employment Opportunity
- MS Word, Excel, InterAction or similar CRM, Adobe InDesign, PowerPoint, project management software
Vedder Price P.C. is an equal opportunity employer. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability (where applicant is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations), medical condition, protected veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We participate in E-verify.
Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact the Vedder Price Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)