Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics. Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements. Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development. Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements. Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements. Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation. Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures. Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.Specific Job Responsibilities
- Provide systems integration support, systems engineering and project management support to branch and COTRs utilizing experience in construction, engineering and research & development.
- Provide program strategy and analysis of systems architecture to Project Monthly reviews
- Develop Monthly status reports and schedule for div/branch by working with Project Leads, contractors, subject matter experts, and other mission partners
- Support the data management tasks for the group and across several prime contractors.
- Support multiple projects to include the plan/design reviews, development activities test planning and execution, instructional development and final reports
- Approximately 10-15% CONUS travel possible.
Requires 2 to 5 years with BS/BA or 0 to 2 years with MS/MA/MBA or 8 to 10 years with no degree.Required skills:
- Capable of operating with minimal guidance, self-starter, strong degree of initiative
- Excellent organizational and scheduling skills, adept at anticipating problems and envisioning creative solutions
- Ability to communicate program needs in a politically astute manner and appreciates the diverse/nuanced role-players involved in each project
- Ability to work collaboratively with mission partners across organizational and functional boundaries
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Project Management skills that show innovation, creativity and the ability to manage multiple and competing tasking simultaneously
- Capable of steering project requirements to effective completion, with knowledge of contractor resources/staffing and typical mission outcomes
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit that builds upon R&D and outreach to non-traditional/non-historical mission partners
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office products to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and project
- Ability to closely collaborate and operate in a trusted advisory role to the Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR)
- Understanding of customer budget and expense execution process.
- Technical/engineering degree
- Hands-on, applied experience
- Significant experience developing and leading successful projects dealing with customers and contractors
- Full life cycle project managment to include direct responsibility for budget and schedules
- Experience working with SMEs and customers who need more delicate handling and guidance
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Colorado Salary Minimum: $53,684.80
Colorado Salary Maximum:$114,753.60
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.