Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Our client, a banking company, is seeking an Application DeveloperLocation:
Arlington, VAPosition Type:
We are seeking a Java Developer to join our Digital Core Banking team to assist in building digital banking products. This position offers a unique opportunity to work in a highly visible area and gain an in-depth understanding of the Digital Core Banking business by interfacing with numerous business and technical areas. This work would involve new product development, enhancement of existing products as well as support across all aspects of the software development life cycle.Duties/Responsibilities:
- Design, architecture, and development of multi-tiered Java EE-style applications
- Participate in the clarifications of business requirements and translation into functional/technical specifications.
- Contribute towards UI development using Angular/React, web protocols and standards, and associated UI development tools.
- Candidate will interface on a regular basis with other teams, including E*TRADE technology teams across Wealth Management, BA team, QA team, and global development team.
- Give creative solutions that integrate current capabilities, vendor capabilities, proprietary system builds, and the ability to adapt to changing business requirements.
- Perform work and produce results by both working independently, as well as part of team
- Support the existing applications and processes.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in Java v1.8 or higher
- 3+ years of experience on UI/UX and server-side technologies
- Previous experience with spring, databases, and database interface layers and associated Java development tools
- Familiarity with modern architectural patterns such as Microservices and REST
- Hands on experience with source control software such as GitHub (preferably), SVN or Visual SourceSafe
- Web Services (XML, JSON, REST, SOAP, micro services, Tomcat) experience
- Understanding of RDBMS (preferably with DB2)
- Integrating and working in a Java full stack environment
- Knowledge on DevOps (CI/CD) practices (e.g.: Git, Jenkins, TeamCity).
- Use of backend testing frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito and Cucumber ensures high quality code that is easily maintainable
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Previous experience as developer in a large financial services organization
- 3+ years of experience with Shell scripting (with python would be a plus)
- KAFKA event processing design or implementation experience
- Hands-on experience in Agile practices (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience using JIRA or other ALM tools to create a productive, high quality development environment
- Minimum BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.