Required Travel: 11 - 25%
Employment Type:Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week:40
Security Clearance:Ability to Obtain
Level of Experience:Senior
Employee Referral Bonus Amount:ERP Amount: $3,500Job Description
We are seeking an experienced Autonomy Software Engineer with interests in designing, developing and maintaining many aspects of the core technology around sensor drivers and interfaces, sensor processing, sensemaking, data streaming, data recording, and playback. In this role you will lead and manage a team of software engineers, communicate on behalf of other developers. providing feedback and training where necessary. You will mentor the team through code reviews, application design, and unit testing and develop standards and procedures for the programming staff and develop effective, quality, and maintainable code to improve or enhance existing and new applications.
Lead programmer using C++-language in a Unix environment to integrate multiple cameras, radars, and sensors into an integrated command & control display.
A division of Huntington Ingalls Industries Unmanned Systems
Unmanned Systems, a business group within Huntington Ingalls Industries' Technical Solutions division, creates advanced unmanned maritime solutions for defense, marine research and commercial applications. Serving customers in more than 30 countries, HII provides design, autonomy, manufacturing, testing, operations and sustainment of unmanned systems, including unmanned underwater vehicles (UUVs) and unmanned surface vessels (USVs)Essential Job Responsibilities
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.Minimum Qualifications
- 9 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 7 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; 4 years relevant experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 13 years relevant experience.
- BA/BS degree in CS, Engineering, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in a professional work environment with C++ and UNIX
- 3+ years of experience with development and architecting, developing applications, including user interface and data layer development
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box, and Docker)
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management and Source Code Control (e.g. Git, Jira)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance #LI-MH1 *AI *MV *EP *TE
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, Cisco systems, UDP)
- Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP)
- Google Protocol Buffers experience
- Knowledge of SQL database development and implementation issues, including replication, schema design, indexing, and SQL query capabilities, such as unions and inner or outer joins required
- Experience with NASA JPL CARACaS or other autonomous control software
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- computer graphics for user interface design, using graphics processing units (GPU), memory manipulation, vector graphics, overlays, etc.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) / Digital Terrain Elevation Data (DTED) access, manipulation, and display.
Adequate visual acuity and manual dexterity for meeting the requirements Software Engineer family.
This opportunity resides with Unmanned Systems
, a business group within Mission Technologies, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries.Our Unmanned Systems groupcreates advanced unmanned maritime solutions for defense, marine research and commercial applications. Serving customers in more than 30 countries, HII provides design, autonomy, manufacturing, testing, operations and sustainment of unmanned systems, including unmanned underwater vehicles (UUVs) and unmanned surface vessels (USVs).
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.Nearest Major Market: