Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Project Manager II
Job SummaryThe Project Manager is primarily responsible for one or two single-discipline field projects of minimal risk, scope and complexity. This includes reviewing requests for quotations, estimating potential work, formulating proposals, supporting active construction projects, and all other aspects required to make the business unit successful. Under moderate supervision, functions within policy and procedural direction from management.This posting is to gather a qualified pool of candidates as the need arises to hire for various industrial construction projects. Once an opening occurs, we will reach out to qualified candidates.Essential Functions
- Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its “Core Values.”
- Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s “Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.”
- Initiates and maintains liaison with client to facilitate construction activities including assessing scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project.
- Represents Company at bid meetings, project meetings, strategy meetings, etc. as applicable to the project.
- Establishes project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy, including preparing complete estimate for selected project with a detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, and contracting.
- Plans, organizes and staffs field positions through operational department heads.
- Supervises and/or monitors total construction effort through administrative direction of on-site field supervision to ensure project is executed in accordance with design, quality, budget, and schedule. Identifies, monitors, and investigates potentially serious situations and immediately implements corrective measures as necessary.
- Provides technical assistance (i.e., interpretation of drawings) and recommends construction methods and equipment as required. Initiates and maintains extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Responsible for profit/loss accountability for projects managed. Manages financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintains good relationship with client. Confirms project billings and collections are current.
EEO/M/F/Disability/Vets/Affirmative Action Employer
- 2+ years job-related experience; prior project management or field supervision experience preferred
- 4 year degree in Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering, or Construction Management; or combination of equivalent education and 4 years job-related experience if no degree
- API 653 Tank Training (Storage only)
- Understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes and standards and their impact on project activities
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of construction, design, finance and project management
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to apply effective management techniques to maximize performance
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic or category.