Peregrine Team is hiring for an Instrument Technician with GI Scope experience to join the Sterile Processing Department at the top healthcare facility in Orange County. This position is full time with multiple open shifts.
Shift: 1st shift, 0700 - 1530, or 2nd shift, 1500 - 2330
Responsible for the care, cleaning, handling, and reprocessing of instruments and equipment. Knowledge of instrumentation blood and body fluid precautions, disinfection techniques, and methods of sterilization. Takes inventory, orders, and stocks supplies within the department. Is responsible for indirect nursing care of patients as related to instrumentation for neonate, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. Responsible for providing coordination and assembly of surgery case carts. The processes include instrument and inventory management, restocking, proactive identification of supply/instrumentation needs, gathering of supplies needed for a specific case, and assisting with O.R. sterilization processes. Knowledge of supplies, instrumentation, disinfection techniques, and methods of sterilization.
- Operates Decontamination equipment according to established Policy and Procedures and Manufacturer guidelines. Decontaminates and cleans instruments and equipment adhering to hospital policies for universal precautions.
- Inspects instruments and equipment to ensure proper functioning, and notifies supervisor of unserviceable items.
- Assembles and wraps trays for sterilization following established procedures for completeness, labeling, and documentation.
- Loads and operates sterilizers according to established policies and procedures, documents the contents, and processes information according to departmental policy.
- Performs quality assurance monitors and documentation for sterilization, including Bowie Dick, biological testing, chemical indicators, according to established policies and procedures.
- Communicates in a timely manner with end-user departments when sterilization or supplies are delayed or when a delay is anticipated so that alternative measures can be implemented to support other departments requirements for sterile instruments or supplies.
- Consistent scanning in SPM.
- Consistent login/logout of systems, including but not limited to SPM.
- Ensure that quality patient care is delivered to all patients on a 24-hour basis, and the unit is maintained in accordance with professional and regulatory standards and the philosophy and goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- GI Scope experience
- Demonstrates effective communication, interpersonal skills, organizational ability, knowledge of proper body mechanics, safety measures, and infection prevention.
- Ability to follow instructions and knowledge of section-specific test information and instrumentation may be required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- IAHCSMM CRCST certification.
- Knowledge of supplies, instrumentation, disinfection techniques, and methods of sterilization.