Junior Environmental/Civil Engineer
Cardno GS, Inc.'s Charlottesville, Virginia Office is seeking a scientist or engineer with 2-5 yrs experience to provide support on a variety of environmental and engineering projects.
Responsibilities for the position will be but are not limited to:
• Collection, documentation, compilation, and interpretation of project data for management review and subsequent incorporation into project documents.
• Ability to gather and organize project data, conduct analysis, prepare reports, and provide recommendations without assistance.
• Participate in a broad variety of civil/environmental engineering assignments, related to environmental permitting/remediation/compliance, stormwater management, site design, etc.
• Conduct field work (e.g., soil and groundwater sampling).
• Prepare supporting documentation and reports (e.g., engineering calculations, regulatory compliance reports, SWPP Plans, SPCC Plans, Tier II Reports, TRI Reports).
• Willingness to learn.
• Bachelor's degree in environmental/civil/engineering or related science degree
• 2-5 years of engineering consulting experience.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Fluency with Microsoft Office software (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is mandatory.• Experience with other civil and environmental engineering software applications (AutoCad, MathCad, HydroCad, ARCView GIS, etc) is preferred.
• Must possess solid technical and problem solving skills.
• Must be willing to accept occasional short and long term field assignments.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Eligibility for or possession of EIT certification and willingness to obtain Professional Engineering license, when eligible.
• 40-hour HAZWOPER health and safety training certificate (with an up-to-date 8-hr annual refresher course certification) are desirable, but not required. • Successful candidate will be required to take 40-hour HAZWOPER training and be entered into the medical monitoring program upon hire.
• Additional trainings and certifications related to the environmental field are desired and should be noted (e.g., Certified Asbestos Inspector).
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants
Cardno is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position will require proof of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment and reasonable accommodation will be considered.
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources.
Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.