Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Electronic Design Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Derive requirements for electronics design tasks from system specifications and by working with both internal and external customers.
- Perform system design trades relating to hardware and software.
- Design digital electronics including, but not limited to, digital video systems, Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA), DAC/ADC circuitry and microprocessors for system control/communications.
- Work with development teams including System, Software, Mechanical and PC layout engineers to refine requirements and interfaces.
- Work with Project/Program managers to define schedules and with Manufacturing to define test and assembly processes.
- Design verification including the creation of test plans, generation of test stimulus, running tests, debugging hardware and reporting results for the integration and production phase of products.
- Prepare and present design reviews to teams and other groups of customers.
- Generate schematics, layouts, BOMs and design rules to flow down board design requirements to PC board designer and work with board designer to develop high quality circuit card assemblies to be used inside EO/IR systems
- Work with vendors and purchasing to specify components.
- BSEE degree and three plus (3-5) years of experience in a digital electrical engineering role
- Video processing or Camera/Optical development a plus
- Lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters, analyzers and power supplies
- Must be able to communicate complex technical information to others in a clear and effective manner orally and in writing using the English language
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and database management tools
- High-speed synchronous memory subsystems (DDR3/4 SDRAM and SSRAM)
- Excellent team skills and the ability to work within a diverse group across multiple sites