Gilbert CPAs is one of the largest regional accounting firms and has been serving individuals and organizations in Sacramento and throughout California since 1984. We offer audit, tax, and consulting services to a wide variety of clients including privately held businesses, non-profits, public entity risk pools, educational entities, governmental entities, and employee benefit plans. We're passionate about what we do and the clients we serve.
We recruit high-quality prospects and invest in our staff members to keep them current and growing in their profession. Our commitment to continuing education and career development ensures instruction in a full range of topics essential to your success.
Gilbert provides at least 40 hours of CPE training per year. In addition to Gilbert University, the firm's curriculum of internal training provided exclusively for Gilbert staff members, our senior staff frequently attends AICPA and CalCPA state and national conferences, and other professional development training through our association Allinial Global. This allows our staff opportunities to network with other CPA professionals and receive training on the latest changes to accounting standards and methods.
Gilbert has a mentor program designed to assist you in your professional success. When you join our team, you will be paired with a mentor. You will meet regularly with your mentor to determine your short-term and long-term goals, develop a plan for the coming year and identify tasks for reaching your career goals.
Our office environment is relaxed and friendly. We are proud to defy the "stuffy accountant" stereotype. From friendly competitions at our monthly staff meetings to water balloons at the summer picnic to dancing at the holiday party, we enjoy a combination of work and play. We also have fun volunteering together during our annual Community Service Day and are proud of our staff's community involvement.
We have been recognized by the Sacramento Business Journal as a Partner in Philanthropy and an A+ Employer.Description
Gilbert is currently seeking a Sr. Associate to join their audit department. The candidate for the Sr. Associate should be a CPA or CPA candidate, with 3+ years of experience in public accounting. The candidate must have excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.Responsibilities
- Performs diversified auditing assignments under the direction of senior or manager
- Plans and conducts portions of smaller engagements as experience and judgment allow
- Supervises workflow and other associates as experience and judgment allow
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in accounting or equivalent accounting certification
- Eligible to apply for the CPA license upon completion of examinations
- Must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent project management and analytical skills
- Must be able to work overtime as required throughout the year