Canva's Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don't think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people... and the best bit is that we've only achieved 1% of what we know we're capable of.
Join us and design your future. About the team
Canva is built for any team or organization that has a need to visually communicate at scale. We have seen success across different types of companies, including those in the Fortune 500, franchises, and startups. Teams within organizations that enjoy Canva for Enterprise come from diverse departments such as Marketing, Sales, and HR. The core focus of our team is to prove the power of Canva within recognisable Global Brands and Enterprise customers. Business owners are looking to move away from outdated systems and time-consuming design processes, and we strive to serve by empowering them with the ability to build better products and stories.About the role
The mission of the Global Head of Sales Strategy & Operations is to help Canva develop the company's Enterprise sales strategy, complement our teams with analytical insights to provide recommendations, and streamline day-to-day operations. This leader within the Business Operations specialty will support and partner with our Sales and Customer Success leadership team to drive initiatives and lay the foundations for scalable growth of the Canva Enterprise business.What you'll do
What we're looking for
- Build a world class Sales Strategy & Operations function in a scaling, product-led growth company.
- Influence and drive better decisions and strategy: operate as a thought partner to the go-to-market leadership team to help craft our coverage model, understanding of operating drivers such as customer growth, and key decisions we make (i.e., customer segmentation, quota-setting, routes-to-market, territory planning, unit economics, etc.)
- Enterprise sales and success operating cadence: develop and establish a high-quality, predictable, and repeatable cadence of forecasting calls, go-to-market team business reviews, and strategic planning to help the company and leadership team discover insights and drive accountability
- Insight and analytical decision support: partner with senior sales and customer success leadership to scope and implement operational and technical improvements to advise strategic decision-making (i.e., Salesforce workflows, sales efficiency initiatives, SPIFs, etc.)
- Cross-functional leadership alignment: identify and help prioritize the largest opportunities for the go-to-market teams and partner across the company for execution
- Growing and happy team: attract, empower, and develop the talent we need to accomplish the above
Working at Canva
- 10+ years working experience and 5+ years leadership preferred
- Experience with SQL and tools such as SFDC, Gainsight, Zendesk, Mode, etc.
- Business insight / judgement: ability to prioritize focus of effort and inquiry with an eye to business impact / outcomes
- Communication skills: ability to communicate complex concepts and quantitative insights concisely, with actionable so-what
- Project management firepower: ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects and see them through completion at a high level of quality, timely, and with high satisfaction from all partners
- Leadership: ability to attract, empower, and manage A+ talent to deliver strong results. Work with executive partners as a peer and help shape the focus of the business.
- Analytical skills: earn the respect of senior leadership and operating teams by translating strategic concepts to operational implications
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Humility / willingness to question one's own assumptions / desire to constantly improve
- Accessible, approachable, and collaborative
- Fast-paced / bias towards immediate actions and results
- B2B SaaS experience preferred
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you're in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
• Equity packages to truly be a part of the Canva journey
• 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you
• Hybrid work model (in-office & from home)
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.