A Great Opportunity for Growth within a Successful Company!
Join one of the United States' most progressive and innovative construction, automation and engineering firms. EAD supports clients' projects on hundreds of systems in industrial processing and manufacturing facilities specializing in food, pharmaceutical and parcel. This opportunity will enable you to enjoy a fast-paced environment working on projects of all sizes and complexities.
EAD Engineering is looking for a Mechanical Designer for industrial projects primarily in the food and pharmaceutical industries.
- Prepare and provide first-rate design packages for a multi-discipline core team through Autodesk applications
- Confer with engineers and experts to interpret design concepts, determine nature and type of required detailed work drawings to produce the highest level of quality, and coordinate work with others
- Develop detailed designs and specifications for construction builds according to engineering sketches and design proposals
- Develop production equipment general arrangements, piping and HVAC layouts and drawing schematics
- Effectively review and analyze specifications, sketches, engineering drawings and other related design data to determine factors affecting designs
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce and/or eliminate project problems and interferences
- Review and delegate project workflow to project team ensuring all timelines and goals are achieved
- Interface with clients, utility companies, construction administrators, contractors and vendors
- Develop and cultivate professional relationships for business opportunities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- A.S. Degree in Drafting related field
- 5 years of mechanical industrial drafting / design field experience required
- Proficient with Autodesk Software
- Revit, Plant 3D, Navisworks, Recap and AutoCAD (Release 2013 to current)5 years of equipment and site layouts experience
- 5 years of experience with P&IDs, process piping layouts, piping ISOS, HVAC and dust collection
- Additionally, experience with electrical one-lines, schematics, power plans, lighting layouts & panel drawings preferred
- Possess advanced design skills and be familiar with applicable Codes and Standards (OSHA, IBC, IPC, NFPA) preferred
- Ability to set priorities and organize work to meet project deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal skills with clients & in-house staff
- Demonstrated independent worker requiring minimal direction
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Possess and able to maintain a valid driver's license
- Ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Office and plant environment
- Ability to sit and work at computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to walk up and down numerous flights of steps/ladders multiple times a day, in extreme temperatures and all kinds of weather
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Periodic weekend or evening work as needed
- Travel may be required
*EAD will provide training, administrative/engineering controls, and personal protective equipment, as necessary.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers.
EAD is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans