Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people who promote a sense of belonging and equality with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. What's more, our company balances listening to experiences, providing feedback, and partnership at all levels to create a more inclusive environment. Our team members are able to fully invest in the work that they do, bringing dynamic thinking and energy to Ball Aerospace.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Advanced Technology & Information Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides scientific, engineering and other experts that work with our customers to solve their hardest problems and advance state-of-the-art technology. Our data solutions professionals deliver enterprise processing, analytics, exploitation and management, as well as information technology hardware that provide actionable information for warfighters and decision makers. In addition, our subject matter experts provide world-class technology and operational insight that help organizations advance the boundaries of knowledge and accomplish their missions.Software Engineer II - Advanced ProgramsWhat You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Design, develop, and maintain software for leading edge mission capabilities and mission systems using modern software design and development environments and capabilities.
- Collaborate with other members of the Advanced Programs team to build industry-leading capabilities in a rapidly growing market.
- Lead software teams with 2-4 people and/or independently develop technical solutions for multi-domain projects.
- Recommend and develop improvements to existing software programs.
- Work with a diverse team of engineers and analysts in a fast-paced development setting.
- Communicate effectively with a team.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Flexible On-Site Work Environment:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong experience with two or more programming languages such as C++, Python, Java, Go, or Kotlin.
- Experience source code management systems such as Git.
- Experience Agile software development practices including requirements, design, coding, debugging, unit testing, configuration management, and integration.
- Experience with messaging, such as RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, SQS, Apache ActiveMQ, Apache Kaka, etc. is preferred.
- Experience with software development in Electronic Warfare (EW) and/or radar systems is preferred.
- Experience with cloud computing environments such as AWS or Azure is preferred.
- Experience with container management technologies such as Docker and orchestration software such as Kubernetes is preferred.
- Experience with algorithm development and maintenance is preferred.
- Experience with developing for ARM is preferred.
This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site for three or more days per work week. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.Working Conditions:
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continue to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Direct Program Charge: 95%Compensation & Benefits:
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $104,500 - $129,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
#LI-AP1Nearest Major Market: