About Oshkosh Defense, an Oshkosh companyOshkosh Defense stands behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. As an industry-leading tactical vehicle manufacturer, every day we strive to meet or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next generation defense technologies and advanced systems. We operate with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products and services worldwide to perform their missions.
Every successful project needs a key player to bring a project from proposal to production release. Our Project Engineers have a pivotal role in influencing customers, engineering teams, suppliers, and cross-functional business units to achieve vital improvements to vehicle platforms. Their ability to multi-task ensure success managing multiple projects and schedules to meet customer objectives on-time and within budget. Our Project Engineers completed work has high visibility across the globe and is viewed as being industry leading.YOUR IMPACT
YOUR EXPERTIENCE AND EXPERTISE
- Effectively communicates with customer, engineering teams, cross-functional business units, and with suppliers to deliver projects on-time and within budget
- Leads / manages vehicle system, subsystem, and core technology teams to assure designs meet customer / statutory requirements and corporate objectives. Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
- Develops and presents customer and leadership facing presentations. Leads effective meetings
- Creates and maintains project documentation for project planning / communication, requirements analysis, issues / risk management, status reporting, quality assurance, research, and historical records
- Develops project proposals to include Engineering labor / material estimates and supporting justifications
- Researches, studies, and proposes use of new technologies to be used in the development of innovative products
- Decomposes and communicates design requirements and project objectives (schedule / budget) to Engineering teams
- Understands and applies requirements documentation / communication and system engineering and problem-solving tools
- Enforces the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensures that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
- Performs job duties in an ethical and professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way. Conducts duties consistent with the Company's mission statement / objectives and defined policies and procedures
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 5+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of Vehicle Systems
- Understanding and Use of Systems Engineering and Problem-Solving Tools (V-model, Safety Assessments, DFMEA, DVP&R, Requirements Documentation, 8D, 5-Why, etc.)
- Strong Verbal / Written Communication and Time Management / Organizational Skills
- Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties
- Familiarity with remotely operated weapon systems such as turret mounted medium caliber cannons and small caliber machine guns, sights and displays.
- Basic understanding of electrical harness routings, component block diagrams.
- Familiar with CREO, Windchill, Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel to support test at Government test sites
- Ability to support operations / assembly on OSK campus as needed
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- PMP certification
- Master's degree in related field
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles foundations / principals
- Business acumen
- Frequent sitting, hearing, talking, visual, typing, and manual dexterity
Moving the future forward is our priority and this includes your future. We encourage professional development and champion our employees' success through various skills and training opportunities. Named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies™ by Ethisphere Institute for six consecutive years, everything we do at Oshkosh is guided by our core values and the 15k+ team members around the world who embody them.We put people first. We do the right thing. We persevere. We are better together.
Visit our Glassdoor profile >
Keep up with us on LinkedIn >
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.