The Field Service Engineer position will provide on-site customer product support for Illumina's products.Responsibilities:
- Install, upgrade, repair, and maintain instrument systems in defined territory.
- Troubleshoot and repair system problems.
- Submit service reports, expense reports, and "Bug" reports in a timely manner.
- Enter work performed in service database in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate service spares inventory.
- Revise/review SOPs.
- Demonstrated ability to align optical systems.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.Requirements:
- Travel required up to 70%.
- Must be highly motivated and have strong problem solving ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have good technical writing abilities.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player.
- Computer experience and literacy a must. Working knowledge of Visio a plus.
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position may require customer support during non-regular business hours.
- Demonstrated account management skills
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, Illumina may require proof of COVID vaccination in accordance with local statutory requirements (subject to limited exceptions) beginning November 1, 2021.
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf