Los Angeles, CA - Los Angeles, CARemote Type
Full TimeEducation Level
Not SpecifiedSalary Range
$20.67 - $21.63 HourlyTravel Percentage
Up to 25%Job Shift
Nonprofit - Social Services
DescriptionCIIP Operations SpecialistWhy work for us?Organizational Description
Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to those transitioning from or at risk of homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own, and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes. Additionally, we implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veteran services, and health care sectors.
We have offices statewide with a staff of passionate people. While we are growing rapidly, we are also selective: We're seeking inspired, talented people who want to be effecting profound change and who have fun doing it. Program Summary
The Capital Improvement Intermediary Program (CIIP) is a construction program of Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, designed to standardize the County's ability to expand housing and social service resources for the homeless residing in Los Angeles County. As the agent for the CIIP, Brilliant Corners works under the direction of the County to implement, operate and serve as the fiscal mediator to ensure responsible delegation of funds for the construction projects. Brilliant Corners is responsible for oversight and collaboration of project budget, scope of work, contracts, monitoring project progress and payments.Position Summary
The Operations Specialist position plays a key role as a member of the CII Program. This position provides administrative support in a variety of functions to the CII Program project management. Collects, reviews and analyzes data, prepares reports, charts, budgets and other presentational material. Responds to or routes routine inquiries from external & internal sources with standard correspondence or other messaging. Assists in preparation of documents for annual audits. Schedules and coordinates meetings for project management. Organizes and maintains contracts in our Box cloud storage, physical files and other internal software and assists in other quality assurance work in cooperation with the Contracts Specialist I, reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager. Responsibilities
Mindsets You're mission-driven.
- Assists in preparation of spreadsheets, presentations, budgets, charts etc.
- Compiles, reviews and distributes pertinent documents for CII Program Department
- Provides overall administrative support for project management.
- Secures all necessary approvals and ensures that standard organizational procedure is followed.
- Manages, creates, executes, organizes, and tracks other CII documents using existing templates
- Produces regular reports on projects and data to assist in CII leadership decision-making
You believe in Brilliant Corners mission and see your work as a way to drive our mission and to do good.You sweat the small stuff.
To you, getting the details right is essential to a good outcome, excellence matters to you.You're obsessed with organization.
You can handle your responsibilities and you instinctively discern between what's important and what's urgent. Things don't fall through the cracks.You like people and they like you.
You find great satisfaction in your work and are not hesitant to reach out to external partners or internal staff when necessary.
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.Professional Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Professional administrative support experience required.
- Basic understanding of commercial construction management principles.
Why work for Brilliant Corners?
- DocuSign experience preferred but not required
- Salesforce/CRM software and/or database experience preferred but not required
- Intacct Experience required
- Intermediate+, level experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Project management software experience preferred i.e. Asana, Wrike etc.
- Ability to accurately type minimum 40 wpm w/accuracy
- Highly organized, gives attention to detail and professional
Financial & Retirement
- Competitive Salary
- Retirement Plan with 5% match
- Employee Referral Bonus
Vacation & Time Off
- Generous Vacation Policy
- Long List of Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Medical Insurance - 100% Covered
- Dental/Vision/Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Job Training
- Professional Development
- Employee Assistance Program
Family & Parenting
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Military Leave
- Family Medical Leave
Other Perks + Discounts
- Company Social Events
- Wellness Initiatives
- Gym Membership Discount
Brilliant Corners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Brilliant Corners is committed to fair hiring practices and does not ask applicants to disclose conviction history before extending a conditional job offer.
Disclaimer: Brilliant Corners does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Brilliant Corners about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at Brilliant Corners via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Brilliant Corners; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Brilliant Corners as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.