We are adding a Human Resources Generalist
to be an important part of this spirited team at our corporate office in Green Tree
Busy day, comfortable environment
30-Year expertise in Health Care
Free coffee and tea all day
The HR Generalist will be responsible for providing support for managers, supervisors, and front-line employees of assigned contracts including HRIS data entry; the communication and interpretation of Human Resources policies and procedures; performance management; benefit administration; leave administration.
Wexford Health Sources (located in Green Tree), one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly three decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
We're proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Nine paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serves as primary point of contact for managers and employees for routine human resources-related issues for assigned Wexford Health contracts.
- Enters personnel and personal changes related to employees of assigned contracts into the Human Resources Information System (Kronos) and is responsible for maintaining the integrity of that data through analysis of HRIS-generated reports.
- Works with contract managers and employees to ensure compliance with human resources policies and procedures (i.e., credentials, CPR certifications, missing SSNs and gender codes, etc.)
- Develops, coordinates and/or delivers Kronos HRIS and TimeKeeper training programs to managers and administrative staff on a company-wide basis.
- Maintains desk procedure manual for assigned position and assists in the maintenance and updating of all departmental practices, forms and process flows. Recommends new approaches to effect bottom-line efficiency and continual improvement in the department.
- Participates in developing departmental goals, objectives and systems.
- Monitor and maintain all Department of Labor unemployment notices, potential charges, fills out requested UC paperwork for employee of assigned contracts.
- Maintains confidential record keeping and reporting.
- Answers employees' questions and records employee enrollment in benefits and group insurance programs: explains and interprets company insurance program to employees and dependents. Answers questions regarding benefits, such as group medical, dental and vision insurance, life, accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity, Verifies information on forms submitted by employees.
- Attend seminars/webinars to enhance skills, keep updated on relevant laws, developments, and HR practices.
- The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
- Associates Degree in Human Resources Management or 3 years' experience as a Human Resources Generalist required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources Administration and state and federal regulations.
- Ability to work independently; strong organizational and prioritization skills in order to meet time deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to build relationships with and influence all levels within an organization.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with, and to influence, employees and managers.
- Strong customer service orientation, dependable, trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality.