CoinFlip is a leading financial services platform focused on the digital economy. Headquartered in Chicago, CoinFlip operates the world's largest network of cryptocurrency ATMs by volume and an over-the-counter trading desk, giving the world quick, easy, and secure access to the benefits of cryptocurrency.
CoinFlip placed No. 60 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list, making it the top-ranked cryptocurrency company in the most prestigious ranking of the nation's fastest-growing private companies. CoinFlip was also named the 2021 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain's and was awarded the 2021 Silver Stevie ® Award for Customer Service.
With a 5-year growth rate of 1,715,091.9%, the company is looking to quickly expand its current headcount across all departments. It's an exciting time to join CoinFlip as it plans to add additional business lines, expand internationally, and cement itself as a leading fintech company.
The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department in our Tampa Bay, Florida office including hiring and interviewing staff, new hire orientation, benefit and leave questions, and enforcing company policies and practices.Responsibilities:
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training and anti-harassment training.
- Assist in recruiting, interviews, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Conduct or acquire background checks and employee eligibility verifications
- Implement new hire orientation and employee recognition programs
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to benefits and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
- Attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Other duties as assigned
Nice To Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- At least 3 years of Human Resources experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HRIS and talent management systems
- Basic knowledge of cryptocurrency and blockchains
- General passion and knowledge of fintech and crypto
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. By applying to this role, you give express consent that CoinFlip may send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role, your application, and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying "STOP" to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply "HELP" to the text message you received. Message and data rates apply. If you require an accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.