Come grow with us! Flint Hills Resources
(FHR, a Koch Industries
company) is undergoing a rapid transformation, and we are looking for the best people to grow with us. Join our Information Technology
team as a Lead Software Engineer
. As we quickly adopt more modern platforms that touch on every aspect of our business, this role will be a key part of our modern transformation, working with the latest and greatest technologies.
As a Lead Software Engineer for Flint Hills Resources, you will create value by leveraging your accumulated skillset and ability to get results through others. You will lead a team of software engineers to create modern, sustainable solutions that accelerate the realization of FHR's vision state of transformed work through the application of technology. By doing so, you will have contributed to FHR's competitiveness by enabling improved business work process performance and reduction of total cost. The opportunities for development and advancement are abundant in this role!
This role is open to remote
candidates in Wichita, Kansas or in locations within reasonable proximity to Wichita, Kansas, such as Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Kansas City, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Atlanta, etc. We are also considering candidates in close proximity to our Pine Bend, Minnesota refinery location.What You Will Do In Your Role
The Experience You Will Bring
- Lead a team of software engineers to deliver high-quality solutions for FHR
- Build a high performing team through understanding technical capability, individual motivations, and business vision
- Understand capacity of the execution team to provide effective resourcing strategy for delivery - engage external resources as needed
- Assist with technical design, architecture, and execution of solutions, coordinating across multiple IT disciplines
- Connect to emerging technologies in the market and across KII
- May include limited travel
What Will Put You Ahead
- Minimum 6 years of software engineering experience or proven competency working with software development technologies within a professional environment
- Experience with design and architecture of custom-built and market software applications
- Experience directing work and/or mentoring others
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving ability
- Experience in technologies such as cloud platforms (AWS or Azure), TypeScript, Node.js, React
This role is not open to VISA sponsorship.
- Experience supervising IT professionals
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience in learning and applying new technology and concepts
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf