Under direct supervision responsible for delivering an exceptional client service experience while servicing clients with a full range of banking products and services. Interacts with clients in person, via telephone and email, responding to inquiries and providing information as requested. Responsible for executing and/or submitting various administrative and operational activities related to clients, banking products and services. Primary activities may include establishing and/or submitting requests for new accounts, closing accounts, account maintenance, money movements, as well as addressing client inquiries. Of critical importance is the Personal Banker's adherence to the required banking guidelines and procedures involved with requested activities.
1. Executes and/or submits client account servicing requests within appropriate time frames, including but not limited to submitting wires and fund transfers, preparing required documentation, opening and closing accounts, maintenance of accurate and complete account records, imaging of documents, and researching of client issues.
2. Handles paying and receiving activities, including cash transactions and daily balancing activities. Fully understands and adheres to all WM Lobby Banking Operations policies and procedures as documented on the WM Intranet.
3. Develops a strong understanding of required steps involved with each request, communicating with relationship management and NCSS teams as appropriate to obtain necessary information to properly execute the requested activity.
4. Maintains a strong understanding of policies and procedures and addresses the requirements of each activity in a timely fashion and in strict adherence with Northern Trust and Wealth Management Risk Management and Compliance guidelines and procedures, promptly escalating any issues and/or concerns to management.
5. Develops a strong knowledge of the various business applications critical to client and account servicing, including on-line tools and seeks to expand knowledge of the latest enhancements to Northern Trust partner and client technology and/or systems in order to maintain highest standards of servicing.
6. Assist with maintenance and servicing of Safe Deposit Boxes in offices where available.
7. Keeps informed of new or existing Northern Trust and Wealth Management products, services and compliance requirements to respond to client questions and to assist in selling services which results in expanding the overall client relationship.
8. Monitors banking reports as well as provides assistance with banking audits as directed by the Team Leader / Manager.
- 2-3 years of related experience Knowledge of federal regulation, banking guidelines, banking operations, products and services, acquired through related work experience is preferred.
- Strong client service skills, problem solving, and organizational skills are required to identify, research and/or resolve requests.
- Ability to think critically and to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.