Our Sunoco Accounting team is looking for an accountant to analyze accounting data, record journal entries, and improve processes by leveraging their skills to solve complex financial transactions. The ideal candidate will apply their knowledge in a highly energized, fast-paced, and innovative environment while working with cutting-edge technology. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Record daily and monthly journal entries to ensure accuracy of financial information.
- Prepare account reconciliations and explain reconciling items.
- Perform trend analysis on various P&L and balance sheet accounts.
- Deliver solutions in complex environments by supporting business partner inquires via SalesForce.
- Proactively identify improvements in areas like tasks completion and availability.
- Creatively use Excel techniques to develop working templates for process enhancements.
- Willingness to learn to build financial data models using tools such as Excel, SAP BPC, Business Intelligence.
- Document processes using MS Visio.
- Assist with quarterly and annual audit process by:
- Meet deliverable deadlines for internal and external auditors.
- Collect supporting documentation for audit samples.
- Provide explanations or process walkthrough for selections where needed.
- Support management ad hoc requests.
- Maintain SOX internal control process
- Develop strong business relationships with internal and external partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job level:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 0-3 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Sound understanding of accounting practices and principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in use of Excel
- Flexibility to work overtime during peak periods
- Must adhere to the highest standards of ethical behavior when carrying out job responsibilities
- Highly motivated and team-oriented individual
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- SAP and Salesforce knowledge is a plus
- The Associate Accountant - GL level requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- The Accountant - GL level requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting 2-5 years of relevant experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment.