Republic Services is a leader in Environmental Services, partnering with customers to create a more sustainable world.We are Sustainability in Action - our promise to be environmentally responsible and to help our customers be environmentally responsible too.Why choose Republic?Joining Republic isn't just about taking on a new job, it's about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere. As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
- We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
- We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
- We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
- We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
- We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
POSITION SUMMARY: Within a division, the Operations Supervisor -Recycling Center is responsible for supervising the recycling and other post-collection activities in the recycling center. The Operations Supervisor oversees a team of dispatchers, operations clerks, drivers, sorters, helpers and other equipment operators, who are responsible for the efficient operation of the recycling center. The Operations Supervisor works with the Operations Manager and General Manager to implement tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement. The Operations Supervisor ensures adherence to all accident prevention programs and leads operations to ensure compliance with all safety, environmental, operating, regulatory, accounting, ethics and other standards. Responsibilities include the execution and delivery of Safety, Customer Experience, and Efficiency while supporting a culture of employee engagement.
- Works to remove unsafe conditions or situations from the recycling center and all related recycling post-collection activities.
- Partners with the maintenance department to ensure all equipment remains in working order and in compliance with safety standards.
- Oversees effective safety and accident prevention programs to ensure all reasonable actions are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensure a safe and productive work environment for all employees; implement and maintain and effective loss control and safety program.
- Engages assigned employees in active participation to instill a culture of safety by demonstration of a personal commitment to safe operations and active personal outreach to operational employees.
- Provides service to all customers that meets or exceeds customer expectations with regard to the entire customer experience.
- Resolves unusual service requests, equipment breakdowns and schedule changes with timely communications to all stakeholders.
- Interacts with customers to solve and rectify any issues and improve the overall customer experience.
- Serves as a positive representative of the Company to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty to the Company.
- Establishes productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to operating standards; and manage labor hours and disposal expenses per established and agreed plans.
- Executes other operational plans to help achieve or exceed the division's budgeted goals.
- Understands, supports and executes service delivery while actively supporting maintenance and the operational role in fleet quality and maintenance.
- Creates a collaborative, communicative team environment and drive employee engagement with the Company.
- Builds and develops talent on the team, understands employees' career goals and provides coaching to get employees ready for advancement with the Company.
- Performs other job related duties as needed or assigned.
- Able to direct large staff.
- Is process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
- Is collaborative; builds and works with teams.
- Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
- Has strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent, with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performance teams
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of lead or supervisory experience.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran (spouses or other family members), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.