Who is Oregon Freeze Dry?
Oregon Freeze Dry is a World Class, purpose-driven technology solutions company with nearly six decades of freeze-drying expertise. We find inspiration in our ability to create solutions that improve the lives of individuals and communities around the globe. Our customers and consumers look to us to do this through the science and craft of freeze-drying or lyophilization. Our driven and passionate team needs to expand, as we continue to experience strong sustainable growth across multiple markets.
We are looking for the intellectually curious who want to make a difference in a fast growing, quick paced team environment and who are inspired by the opportunity to pioneer new areas that touch lives all over the world! Are you that person?
OFD has a current opening for a Pharmaceutical Project Engineer. This position manages plant improvement projects, with a focus on pharmaceutical/biopharma plant improvement projects. Provides technical assistance to manufacturing pertaining to production equipment, utility systems, and facilities, with a focus in the pharmaceutical area.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Coaches, implements and enforces local, state, and federal codes and regulations, particularly those regarding workplace safety, food and product safety/compliance, and environmental compliance.
- Serves as primary resource and decision-maker regarding compliance for engineering department.
- Performs audits and maintains PM documentation to support compliance.
- Acts as a first responder on the company hazardous material team.
- Manages/Assists in deviation and change control management for equipment/facilities/utilities used for pharmaceutical production.
- Coordinates major projects and repairs with engineering staff and production supervision.
- Manages all aspects of pharmaceutical projects, as well as any other projects as assigned, including but limited to:
- cost estimates, scheduling, project scope, appropriation requests, purchasing and contracts, budget management, factory acceptance tests, site acceptance testing and calibration, etc.
- Organizes projects and tasks with contingency and back up plans so that the impact to production and throughput are minimized.
- Manages pharma PM program for all Oregon facilities. Creates PMs, frequency, and procedures. Identifies, evaluates and executes improvements to drive safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Optimizes output of facility through coordination of manufacturing and scheduling of maintenance of pharmaceutical equipment (both preventative and repairs), including shutdowns.
- Provides input and recommendations to company strategic 5-10-year capital plan.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering field required
- Ten years plant experience with positions of progressive responsibility in maintenance and engineering required
- 5 years experience with ISO rated cleanroom systems, and pharmaceutical HVAC systems preferred
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical processing and demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and validate pharmaceutical process systems preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to enforce company and OSHA safety policies
- Knowledge of ERP systems, validation, calibration, resource scheduling, purchasing, receiving, and capital project cost tracking systems preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to use financial analysis, estimating and planning concepts to complete projects timely and on budget.
- Demonstrated ability to use data and analytics to help drive decision making.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have reliable transportation to transport self between company facilities during work hours, as needed, and transportation to and from off-site company events.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Depends on qualifications/ experience.
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flex spending, short term disability, vacation pay, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, paid volunteer opportunities and more!
Individuals expressing interest in this opening may be provided a job description outline detailing the specific duties and responsibilities of this position. Candidates may be required to participate in personal interviews and other evaluation processes. Criminal background checks may be completed on all applicants. Oregon Freeze Dry is a drug free workplace.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Individuals expressing interest in this opening may be provided a job description outline detailing the specific duties and responsibilities of this position. Candidates may be required to participate in personal interviews and other evaluation processes. Criminal background checks may be completed on all applicants.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER