User Experience Designer
Quality isn't just a goal. It's the whole point.
Our customers are under a lot of pressure to deliver great software. But compressing lifecycles, adding features, and competing in a world where 'every company is a software company' is complex and stressful. It's our mission to help. We provide the tools and discipline to focus on quality while streamlining processes at any part of the software development lifecycle. Our customers can create and deploy software that works as designed - especially when it's needed most. And we're looking for people to join us.
SmartBear is seeking a User Experience Designer to design our next generation software testing products. Designers at SmartBear play a vital role in the product development process, from creating the vision and strategy for product features to crafting the fit and finish of interface details. A designer in this role has or gains experience with enterprise solutions, the software development lifecycle, and modern design systems.
• Contribute to design projects across the product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
• Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
• Understand business requirements and effectively explain how design solutions align with strategy.
• Represent the UX team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
• Create low- and high-fidelity sketches, wireframes, storyboards, and visual designs. Build interactive prototypes to communicate and test concepts and ideas.
• Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality design implementation.
• Work with the organization to inform and improve design processes.
• Grow the SmartBear design system, and ensure all features align with it.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of designs through reviews, walkthroughs, usability tests, and other techniques.
• Comprehensive understanding of applying user-centered design methodologies and research to solve complex business problems.
• 3+ years of experience designing engaging products and user experiences in a dynamic, fast-paced software development context.
• Knowledge of Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, InVision, Axure, or other tools for producing and testing designs.
• Ability to work in a collaborative design environment; to be critiqued and to critique.
• Superior listening, communication, and critical thinking skills.
• BA/BS degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Business, or related field or equivalent education and experience.
• Familiarity with the software development lifecycle and developer tools.
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS, SVG, and other front-end web technologies.
• Knowledge of animation libraries/toolkits.
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world's most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.