Salary Range: $60,000.00 to $65,000.00 Relocation Assistance
We are looking for a creative Executive Chef that is passionate about their craft, respects the value of great food, and appreciates our chef-led philosophy. If you enjoy having most nights and weekends off, while also growing your career and income, we encourage you to apply!
In this role, you will be responsible for building a well-trained and driven team that produces high-quality food, while following all food safety and work safety programs.
We"ll provide the necessary training and appropriate tools to help you grow and earn the opportunity to advance into a director role. If you are willing to work hard, lead with intention, and hold yourself accountable to your results, you"ll be successful with HHS.
Military-experienced candidates are encouraged to apply. Responsibilities:
- Protects the quality and integrity of all food produced in the food & nutrition department.
- Manages inventory, ordering, production planning, schedules, payroll, and supplies to ensure budget compliance.
- Develops creative menus for the facility"s cafeteria and catering program that are in sync with current market trends.
- Creates an atmosphere in the department that fosters great team morale, passion for quality, and respect for each other.
- Hires and trains new team members in a manner that sets them up to be fully competent and passionate about our food programs.
- Maintains compliance with all requirements of federal, state, and local regulations and guidelines.
- An associate or bachelor"s degree from an accredited culinary program preferred.
- In lieu of formal culinary training, a minimum of 5 years experience as a sous chef or an executive chef in fine dining establishments, hotels, and/or resorts or country clubs.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Fully competent with Microsoft office, ordering platforms, and email communications.
- A passion for food, a desire to grow, and a work ethic that supports both.
- Able to set up an action station daily that demonstrates your culinary talent, creativity, and customer service skills.
- All knife skills and all cutting techniques.
- Recipe costing and forecasting capabilities.
- Team player, team builder, and team leader.
HHS was founded in 1975 by Jim Spry, who began his work in the outsourcing business in 1964 with Red Top, Inc, a company that pioneered hospital housekeeping support services. Jim helped Red Top grow into a national organization and later helped a competitor establish its business after Red Top sold. His experience in the field led to the development of HHS. Throughout the past 45+ years of business, HHS has developed our expertise in integral support services including housekeeping, food services, facility maintenance, and technology for the healthcare, government, senior living, resort, aviation, and education industries. HHS has experienced a growth rate of about 10% per year and is seeking great leaders and team members to grow with us. Being successful with HHS doesn"t mean you have to have a degree, but it does require hard work and operating as a team to achieve results.
Join our team and help us lead the way as one of the largest privately-owned support service companies in the industry.. Benefits and Compensation
We offer PTO, full benefits, and career advancement opportunities based on performance.
HHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
In compliance with federal COVID-19 vaccination requirements, HHS employees will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved exemption (medical or religious) by the employer by January 4, 2022 .