As an Accessibility Systems Engineer, you will work closely with people across a broad variety of technology platforms to deliver accessibility enabling technologies. Experience understanding the impact designs and builds have on how people with disabilities interact with technology is critical. A successful candidate will demonstrate experience integrating accessibility hardware solutions across multiple platforms (e.g., OSX, Windows, Android, IOS), and demonstrate advanced experience with issue troubleshooting, triage, and root cause analysis. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Knowledge of industry-wide accessibility technology trends and best practices (up to and including ADA compliance).
- Experience with accessibility enabling technology including screen readers, voice recognition, pointing devices, hearing aids, text and screen enhancement software, etc.
- Experience Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, OSX, and IOS.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Python, PowerShell, or command line Scripting.
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems.
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals.
- Passionate about building an innovative and all-inclusive culture/environment.
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans