Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management, and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve, and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives, and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Analytics & Data (A&D) Organization is a key growth area within Morgan Stanley's Wealth Management Division playing a critical role in the execution of the wider Wealth Management strategy. A&D supports Wealth Management's business objective of delivering first class investment advice and driving tactical decision making at scale by utilizing data and analytical tools to drive innovation in an increasingly competitive landscape. Our expertise puts Morgan Stanley at the forefront of the financial services industry.
Focus areas include:
- Business analyses and dashboards for key partners
- Best in class Marketing tools
- Predictive models utilizing machine learning and algorithms
- Natural language processing & data mining
- Bots using artificial intelligence
Some of the tools we use include:
- Data platforms & tools - Dataiku, Tableau, BusinessObjects, Access, Excel, etc.
- Querying/coding languages - Impala, Spark SQL, Python, R, C++, etc.
Our employees have a diverse background, knowledge, and skillset such as organization, data visualization, business partnership building to name a few. Roles within our division include opportunities to be:
- Product Owners for our Digital / Mobile properties
- Business Analysts / Program & Project Managers
- Data Scientists
- Data Visualization specialists
- Data Governance and Risk
This is an exciting part of the business, providing opportunities for learning, creativity, and career growth!Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with businesses across Wealth Management to understand their business strategies & challenges. Identify optimal data solutions to help the businesses make more informed decisions.
- Specific role focus is partnering with Field Management Home Office teams. Teams are responsible for business development opportunities within the Financial Advisor and Management workforce, as well as creating a modern experience within Wealth Management branches.
- Execute upon data solutions alongside partners with consistent communication - leveraging best practices in data manipulation, and Tableau.
- Effectively present worked completed - why it matters, what was your approach, and what are your findings?
- Consistently provide your point of view of what the analytics mean - and what a business partner should do with the information.
- Maintain a consistent level of attention to risk mitigation and data quality issues. Proactively raise at-risk areas to be addressed.
- 3-7 years business analytics and project management experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Strong proficiency in data manipulation with SQL or Python
- Highly motivated / self-starter with a sense of ownership, willingness to learn, high degree of curiosity and desire to succeed
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle, prioritize multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to determine business partner needs and identify solutions
- Ability to work both independently and effectively in a team
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment