Looking to join a great organization with excellent room for growth? Find out more by applying now! This entry level position is ideal for candidates seeking to learn more about accounting, financial operations, and financial reporting. The Junior Accountant will support the daily operations of the Finance Team in all general operational and accounting functions and provide direct support to CFO and Controller.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
(Other duties may be assigned):
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Responsible for handling day to day accounting duties including Accounts Receivable
- Maintain monthly bank and investment reconciliations.
- Prepare Cost of goods sold for all Departments Reconcile receivables, prepaid, liability, deferred revenue, and petty cash accounts monthly.
- Work with Controller to ensure revenue, accruals and other adjustments are entered into the general ledger timely and accurately to facilitate monthly reporting
- Maintain files of supporting documentation Assist with month end and year end closing procedures
- Assist with year-end external audit Prepare any accruals needed and account reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries based on support from CFO and Controller
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining bank supplies – deposit slips/logs/bags, forms, re-keying of safes, etc.
- Responsible for weekly deposit pick-ups from various locations throughout the Park; review cashier deposit logs and prepare deposits for weekly pickup for delivery to the bank.
- Ensure internal controls are being followed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Willingness to learn and grow their accounting skills and career
- Ability to multitask
- Skill in working as part of a team and independently; collaborating with colleagues
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, Vlookup, etc.)
- Adobe and Windows experience
City Park employees must strive to decrease our environmental footprint by continually seeking ways to reduce waste and energy usage, care for natural Park habitat and wildlife, and to serve as models to our patrons to do the same through education and example.MACHINERY/TOOLS/EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS:
Must have the ability to use standard office equipment, including mobile devices, computer, fax, scanner, phone, and copy machine.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. May involve sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time,
- Sitting or standing, bending, stooping, and the ability to carry items weighing up to 30 pounds,
- Constant adequate range of motion and mobility required,
- Regular near acuity with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less required,
- Typical ability to collect and analyze numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions and ability to determine the time, place, and sequence of operations or actions required,
- Regular talking and the ability to express and exchange ideas by means of language expected,
- Regular hearing and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds,
- Constant ability to read, record, or type data quickly and accurately required.
- Ability to work under and handle stress in an appropriate manner required,
- May be exposed to high, medium, or low noise intensity,
- Constant contact with co-workers and guests required,
- Exposure to fluctuations in temperature may be required,
- Exposure to outdoor conditions may be required.