We are seeking a hands-on Software Engineer to join development team in Structure Finance unit of Moodys Analytics. We are an agile team of geographically dispersed developers building applications to solve business problems for Structured Finance Issuers, Trustees and Lenders. What You'll Do As a Software Engineer
What Skills You Have
- Build new features executing on product roadmap
- Maintain existing code by fixing defects and executing on technical debt items
- Work with your team under agreed upon deadlines to design, build, and deliver applications.
- Foster a culture that promotes clean, well-organized, testable, and reusable code.
- Participate in investigation and fixing of production support incidents related to technical, scalability, performance and environment issues
- 2+ years in enterprise software engineering.
- 2+ years of experience working with Node.js and React.js at production level.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Mongo, AWS, Docker, git
- A solid understanding of the NodeJS/React ecosystems and build toolchains
- Knowledge of software development methods and best practices.
- Experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests.
- A passion for engineering, learning, and teamwork is a must
- You have curiosity about technology and business. Always looking for most efficient ways to solve business problems.
Structured FinanceMust be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination on start date, as determined by Moodys.
Moodys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moodys also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or based on a sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
This position may be considered a promotional opportunity, pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com.
At Moodys, were taking action. Were hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. Were educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversityMoodys Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps todays business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.