This salaried position exists to design electrical systems for manufactured product that best achieves company goals relating to safety, value, manufacturability and customer satisfaction.
- Designs and maintains wire harness assemblies, specifies electrical termination and installation components to enhance functionality, manufacturability and dependability of the manufactured product.
- Analyzes, evaluates, tests and recommends electrical appliances, components, equipment and tools.
- Designs electrical schematic drawings demonstrating function and location of systems and sub-systems.
- Trouble shoot and work with production to resolve electrical issues as they arise.
- Develops and trains manufacturing personnel to assemble, install, test and troubleshoot electrical components.
- Communicates to appropriate personnel each committed change that affects electrical form, fit and finish of the manufactured product through an ECN.
- Plans and implements electrical projects, establishes a measurable QA plan, which reduces electrical warranty claims.
- Participates in documenting reliable methods and standards that utilize proven techniques to achieve excellence.
- Supports prototyping activities to ensure designs are complete and assists manufacturing with implementation.
- Attends company meetings as required.
Bachelors degree in Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology or 1-3 years of relevant work experience is required.
Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics and their applications.
Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
Must possess a strong understanding and ability to work with live electricity (both 12v & 120v).
Must be able to perform theoretical and practical electrical calculations.
RV manufacturing experience desirable.
Required Skills & Abilities
Critical thinking and deductive reasoning skills.
Complex problem solving skills.
Strong oral & written comprehension, communicating and active listening skills.
- This position may require sitting, standing, working in front of a computer monitor in an office setting up to 50% of the day and standing, walking up to 50% of the day.
- Requires ability to occasionally travel between field locations. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, or crouch; use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds.
- This position is a full-time position, which may require some flexibility in hours & days worked (including Saturdays, as needed).
- Regular attendance is required.
- Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Jayco offers a generous benefit package including:
- (2) medical insurance plan options, HSAs and FSAs,
- dental insurance,
- vision insurance,
- disability and life insurance,
- 401k plan with a discretionary annual match
Wellness benefits, fitness center access, health clinic for employee use and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits.