H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 420+ stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $34 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 145,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B is a 115-year-old grocery retailer, but we're a leading innovator in technology. Recently, we've been investing in our customers' digital experience, using the best available technologies to deliver modern engagement, reliability, and scalability to meet their needs.
As a Product Manager, you'll develop products that ensure a compelling digital experience for our retail Customers, or help arm H-E-B Partners company-wide with world-class business applications to thrive in their jobs. You'll collaborate with business customers to cultivate an intimate understanding of their needs and technology, and then you'll drive the entire technology project lifecycle to make our digital tools work, whether they're for Customers in our Stores or in workplaces across the Company.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... you can see the world through customers' eyes in order to crystalize problems
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... you use data and your experience to create insights and build logical arguments
PASSION FOR RESULTS... you revel in building small tools and experiments, learning quickly, and failing fast
We're looking for someone who:
- can cultivate an intimate understanding of customer business needs
- can negotiate without damaging relationships
What is the work?
Project Management / Design & Development:
- Manages activities that drive product development and delivery at the team and department levels; serves as dedicated owner of a single product or a small set of related products
- Serves as trusted subject matter expert on owned product area(s); affects change within own product domain
- Applies understanding of product / project vision to assist in coordinating cross-functional teams of Partners / suppliers
- Executes, with some exploration / validation, with no pre-defined solutions; makes independent decisions in areas with some ambiguity and complexity, based on analysis, experience, and judgment
- Collaborates with stakeholders company-wide (e.g., Merchandising, Supply Chain, Marketing, Engineering, Finance & Accounting, Store Operations) to understand / document business needs in an end-to-end manner
- Assists in building product and project roadmaps
- Accesses / organizes data; builds analyses to understand financial impact of business opportunity and proposed solutions
- Works closely with business customers, Product Managers, Design & Engineering Partners to drive entire technology project lifecycle (conception, user research, design and prototyping, development, pilot, launch, measurement, iteration)
- Applies understanding of / executes against features prioritization as defined by Product leadership and business customers
- Manages / leads team to achieve good velocity, quality and morale; ensures team consistently meets committed deadlines
- Applies command of existing process; identifies critical risks and dependencies; identifies team issues; may escalate for resolution
- Manages reporting metrics to identify product team successes and failures
- Supports product backlog maintenance; authors detailed user stories and acceptance criteria
- Serves as a trusted mentor and guide
What is your background?
- A related degree or comparable formal training, certification, or work experience
- 3+ years of experience in product management or technology consulting
- Experience supporting retail, supply chain, ecommerce, or digital marketing operations a plus
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as a Product Manager at H-E-B?
- Working knowledge of project management tools and retail accounting / finance principles
- Knowledge of voice of the customer techniques
- Strong Agile / Scrum and analytical skills
- Strong Excel and SQL skills
- Strong verbal / written communication and presentation skills
- Negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Ability to leverage data to tell a meaningful story
- Ability to break down complex problems into components and reassemble them to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to affect change; adaptability
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
- Work extended hours