As an Associate Buyer, you will attain and maintain agreed upon service levels by customers while adhering to budgeted inventory levels. Additionally, you will engage with customers on service levels and partner with vendors to successfully manage all aspects of product flow.Job Description
- Procure product from branded and non-branded vendors.
- Achieve and maintain targeted customer service level rates by monitoring, identifying, reacting to, communicating, and solving potential issues.
- Negotiate with vendors and customers to maximize product flow, manage inventory levels, and coordinate action against close coded, expired, and other unproductive inventory.
- Accomplish budgeted inventory levels utilizing system tools to analyze and react to trends.
- Work with team-members to achieve established goals. Interact with customers to communicate successes and resolve issues.
- Partner with the merchandising group on new items, maintenance, and achievement of gross profit goals.
- Occasional overtime and/or weekend coverage may be needed to assist with seasonal volume, storm recovery, service level recovery, absences, vacation coverage, and/or additional training.
- Travel Required: No
- Office: Office Temperature (65F to 75F)
Years Of Experience
- Special Skills: Sound statistical acumen, interpretation, and analytical ability; Professional verbal and written communication skills; Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
Summary of Benefits
- 0-2: Relevant Experience.
As a local employer of choice in the community, C&S is proud to offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes:
• 401(K) Savings Plan
• Paid Personal/Sick and Vacation Time in the first year for all hourly non-union employees
• Flexible scheduling opportunities
• Eligible for Day 1 Benefits
• Holiday Pay
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Weekly Pay
• Joining Bonus that are applicable
Bachelor's Degree - General StudiesShift
1st Shift (United States of America)Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® - those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.