Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,800 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
The Sr. Classified Systems Administrator is a key member in several small to medium sized dynamic research and development environments in which they support the day-to-day activities of users, perform system maintenance, and upkeep of Information Technology and the design, development, documentation and deployment of IT solutions.
The Systems Administrator will support a wide array of IT competencies such as data administration, knowledge management, customer service, technical support, network services, system administration, and systems security analysis.
Additionally, the Systems Administrator will be responsible for mentoring team members and technically leading IT projects related to implementing new technology solutions to address business challenges. The candidate will work closely with dedicated program area ISSMs and Program Security Managers to support the Operations Deputy.
- Develop project plans, architecture diagrams, requirements documentation, test plans, change requests, and communication to users.
- Develop and conduct tests of systems to evaluate compliance with specifications and requirements by applying principles and methods for cost-effective planning, evaluating, verifying, and validating of technical, functional, and performance characteristics (including interoperability) of systems or elements of systems incorporating IT.
- Installs, configures, tests, troubleshoots, operates, and maintains server and network configurations (hardware and software) to ensure their confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Manages accounts, firewalls, and patches. Responsible for implementing access control, resetting passwords, account creation, and general administration
- Responsible for day to day support and maintenance of IT infrastructure systems (e.g. Windows servers, workstations, switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, encryption devices)
- Maintain and update documentation, including standard operating procedures, network drawings and configuration documentation
- Conduct reviews and technical inspections to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses, and ensure security compliance is implemented and all necessary systems are functional
- Other duties include but are not limited to system troubleshooting, vendor coordination, software patching, system deployment, license management, hardware and software management, and lifecycle management.
- ACTIVE US DoD Top Secret Security Clearance
- Security+ certification or higher professional certifications in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, IAT Level II and IAM Level I
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, or a related field, and 5+ years of relevant experience, or 10+ years of experience without degree.
- Experience working with Windows operating systems, including, Windows 10, Windows 2012 - 2016 Server
- Knowledge and understanding of the following regulations: JAFAN 6/3, DCID 6/3, NISPOM, NIST RMF and ICD 503.
- Knowledge of and implementation experience with security technologies and architecture, including encryption, network security, firewall configuration, intrusion detection, servers and workstations.
- Due to the nature of this work, this job requires on-site presence in Cambridge, MA. Flexible hours and/or schedules will be determined between the employee and hiring manger.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor team members and technically lead project teams to implement new IT solutions, and streamline current solutions and processes.
- Ability to convey risks and propose mitigation strategies to technical and business audiences.
- Strong knowledge of client/server environments, group policies, domain services and networking.
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience with hyperconverged infrastructure, VMware, and thin clients
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange configuration and management
- Vendor specific certifications from Cisco, Microsoft or Dell are desired.
** Draper has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all Draper employees. This will be a condition of employment to work at Draper.