This opportunity is located onsite at one of the following locations:
LIFE AT CIRRUS
- Duluth, MN (Corporate Headquarters and primary Engineering Innovation Center)
- North Dallas TX
- Phoenix AZ East Valley
As a leading manufacturer of personal aircraft, Cirrus is dedicated to the advancement of general aviation. The Cirrus Flying Club
offers employees and their family members the unique opportunity to obtain their private pilot’s license in the comfort of a Cirrus or rent a Cirrus for an impromptu adventure at a greatly reduced rate.
At Cirrus, we are committed to investing in the future of our employees and company by offering professional development
and career progression
opportunities that include onboarding, recurrent and area-specific training, talent acceleration and leadership development, continuing education, and tuition assistance programs.
We also engage employees by offering several employee and family events
throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to take part in activity clubs and community events
. From holiday and special occasion celebrations to local runs and barbecues, our team can connect with each other, the community, and our customers.Why you should apply to this role at Cirrus Aircraft:
- You are passionate about joining a leading manufacturer of personal aircrafts.
- You can relocate and work onsite at one of our 3 Engineering Innovation Center’s.
- New 200,000 sq ft Engineering Innovation Center (Summer 2022)
- Award Winning Aviation Company
- Industry Leading Innovation- Cirrus Parachute Technology
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, life, short and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401K retirement savings plan, voluntary vision, Employee Referral Incentive Program, vacation, and holiday pay. Additionally, all employees enjoy a discount at the company store and exclusive discounts from our world-class partners, like Garmin, Bose, AT&T, Microsoft, Fastenal and more.Job Summary:
Define the future of aviation. Join Cirrus Aircraft’s autonomous flight team to build the greatest transformation in aviation since the jet engine. Create certifiable autonomous flight technologies to bring simple, safe personal flight to the masses.
Cirrus Aircraft seeks an experienced engineer to lead the design, development, testing and certification of control and power electronics for a safety critical, electro-mechanical, fly-by-wire flight control system.
Look no further, the future of aviation is here. Join our innovative company today.Essential Duties:
- Support architectural trade studies of fly-by-wire flight control system by defining electro-mechanical controller functions and functional block diagrams.
- Decompose system level requirements to equipment, hardware and software level requirements in an aircraft/system preliminary design environment.
- Complete preliminary design of EM controller with estimates of size, weight, cost, power and reliability.
- Design and implement analog and digital circuits in high-reliability applications
- Design velocity, current, and voltage loops for the motor control electronics considering bandwidth, stability, and drive efficiency.
- Produce circuit board schematic drawings, select prototype electronic components and complete PCB layout and component placement.
- Complete preliminary electronics design analyses using Pspice, DxDesigner, Simulink/MATLAB
- Design electronic housing, packaging and internal cable routing
- Work with systems engineers to design reliable safety monitor algorithms.
- Implement elegant flight software for sensors, control systems, actuators, telemetry, fault handling and other vehicle subsystems
- Select and configure embedded operating systems for high-reliability, real-time computing applications.
- Develop and maintain device drivers for peripherals connected via I2C, SPI, CAN, UART, Ethernet, USB, and PCIe.
- Lead the definition of streamlined hardware development and verification processes supporting the certification of safety critical hardware and complying with DO-254
- Complete proof of concept and proof of design testing in a lab environment
- Advanced Degree of Science or Engineering in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or related discipline
- 5+ years of proven industry experience with a history of successfully delivering diverse safety-critical or Aerospace designs into production
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting various electronic sensors and components
- Experience qualifying equipment to RTCA DO-160 environments
- Experience with I2C, UART, CAN, USB, SPI, RS-422 or other high-speed serial links
- Demonstrated experience writing multi-threaded code for time critical and/or safety critical applications.
- Proven ability to design fault-tolerant systems with error handling and recovery.
- Solid understanding of aircraft systems, system development, and industry specific certification processes
- Experience with commonly used test equipment e.g. oscilloscopes, DMMs, network analyzers, power meters.
- Comfortable in driving results under uncertainty during earlier development stages
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a high functioning team
This opportunity is located in Duluth MN , North Dallas TX, or Phoenix AZ East Valley.
- Experience developing Fly By Wire systems.
- Experience with pilot controls, flight decks and human factors
- Delivering fault tolerant designs in a regulated environment - preferably aerospace
- Experience modeling system performance and control law development in Simulink.
- Games or graphics programming
- Robotics and control
Duluth, Minnesota. As the home to our corporate headquarters, Duluth is a four-season city on the western tip of Lake Superior and was voted “Best Town” by Outside Magazine. The splendor of the largest freshwater lake in the world offers a multitude of outdoor activities for adventure or rejuvenation. The North Shore lifestyle is known its year-round activities, including bicycle and snowmobile trails, kayaking, rock climbing, fishing, hiking, golfing, sailing and skiing. And as a top employer in the area, Cirrus Aircraft was recently named “Best Overall Large Company to Work for in the Northland” and “Best Workplace Culture” by the Duluth News Tribunereaders.
Dallas Texas is thethird most populous city (afterHoustonandSan Antonio) and the metropolis of the sprawling Dallas–Fort Worth urban area, known locally as the Metroplex.Fort Worthlies 30 miles (48 km) west; other major cities in the metropolitan region includeArlington, Carrollton,Denton,Garland, Grand Prairie,Irving, Lewisville,Mesquite,Plano,Richardson, University Park and McKinney (home of the 1st remote Cirrus Aircraft Factory Service Center).
Phoenix Arizona, East Valley. The economic growth and superior quality of life found in the PHX East Valley didn’t just happen overnight. From thriving cultural opportunities to amazing recreation areas, the PHX East Valley has developed into the place where individuals want to work, live and play. From pedestrian-friendly downtowns with urban vibes, to small town communities bustling with personality, to the Superstition Mountains where there is wide-open space and urban growth is on the horizon, the PHX East Valley has it all.
Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, religion, pregnancy, veteran status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, receipt of public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.