LPL Solar is a self-perform solar EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) company headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, managing long-standing relationships with utilities and large IPPs (Independent Power Producers) in the U.S. Our leadership team has over 18 GW of solar construction experience over 180 projects in thirteen states and the Province of Ontario, Canada.
Project Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans and conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, assigning personnel to phases and elements, and reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
- Completes technical studies and prepares cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures and administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Unlike some EPCs, LPL self-performs the construction of many of the build components of a utility-scale solar plant. Skills and experience gained in self-perform construction pay significant dividends as our colleagues progress into different opportunities within the company. Deeply involved in each aspect of construction, our project engineers interact regularly with project executives, project managers, general superintendents, superintendents, and field supervisors.
Project Engineer Qualifications / Skills:
- Requirements analysis
- Design skills
- Project management
- Construction means and methods
- Process improvement
- Technical understanding
- Documentation skills
- Safety management
- CAD, CAD/CAM circuit design
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or other related discipline required
- Spanish-speaking a plus
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of tools, exposure to schedule software, Primavera (P6) or Microsoft Project
If you want to be part of a rapidly growing Solar EPC that is transforming the future of power generation through renewable energy, that is inspired by innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit, and is focused on providing employees career-advancing opportunities while building long-term client relationships, LPL Solar could be the place for you.
Apply today by visiting www.lplsolar.com/careers.