*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Las Vegas Aviators have the proud distinction of being the longest enduring franchise in the history of professional sports in the state of Nevada. The Aviators are the triple-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics. The Aviators home games are played at the Las Vegas Ballpark in the master planned community, Summerlin, Nevada, a community in Las Vegas.POSITION SUMMARY
The Staff Accountant will independently monitor, control, and audit all financial transactions, and to perform a full range of professional accounting duties involved in fiscal management, record keeping, reporting- and financial analysis of the facility.ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Manage general accounting functions.
- Perform account and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare event settlements and event profitability statements.
- Create a variety of financial statements, reports, and analysis.
- Prepare Major League reimbursement reporting.
- Prepare and submit payroll bi-monthly.
- Reconcile cash/credit card deposits nightly and make discretionary decisions as it relates for cash needs.
- Ensures that all company funds are properly accounted for on a daily basis.
- Ensures that sufficient change fund is on hand for all events.
- Ensure accurate and timely dissemination of management reports and analysis including monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- Maintain the accounting system including processes and workflows and the system of controls over accounting transactions. Controls included proper reconciliations and in-depth understanding of the ticketing and POS systems utilized by the company for sales transactions.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- CPA or pursuing CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of Sage Intacct general ledger application or similar ERP system.
- Ability to meet deadlines as necessary and work additional hours as required.
- Highly proficient in MS office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.