You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
We're in the business of helping people achieve amazing things by protecting the things that matter most. And you can help us when you join our team of underwriters. They're at the center of everything we do - and by joining us, you'll be on a team known throughout the industry for providing our customers with just the right amount of coverage they need to pursue their unique interests.
Your underwriting career here means collaboration, inclusivity, innovative thinking and so much more. Here, doing things the way they've always been done isn't a part of the job. Here, you'll be putting your creative insights to work with other underwriters and leaders, having a seat at the table with key decision makers. And you'll have any number of opportunities for your career to grow in whatever direction you choose.
The Hartford's Ocean Marine team serves businesses of all sizes - small, midsize and large - that need specialized ocean marine coverage as part of their risk management program.We'll Be a Good Match if You Have:
- A customer-first mindset, putting our customers at the center of everything you do.
- A passion for making decisions through both analyzing data and employing critical thinking skills.
- A team spirit and desire to work collaboratively.
- A financial mindset to help make the best decisions.
- Ability to own our work and following through on commitments.
- Ability to decipher and execute within a fluid and changing business environment.
- An understanding of how to build relationships and trust among diverse groups.
- The ability to advance their careers into technical OR leadership positions.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 7+ years of Ocean Cargo underwriting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining solid relationships with all internal and external business partners.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- An ability to think analytically about business problems, make recommendations and propose solutions.
- High energy self-starter, who is resilient and has an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Demonstration of solid time, organizational, and desk management skills.
- Goal-oriented and delivers outcomes.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and compete to win.
- Superior technical knowledge and sound decision-making and analytical skills.
- Valid driver's license as a company pool car may be provided.
***This position may be filled at another level, depending on candidate experience***Compensation
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$92,320 - $186,240Benefits
Our company's success is due to our employees' dedication and passion for their work. They are our greatest asset. That's why we are committed to offering employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package and award-winning well-being programs. By helping our employees achieve their full potential, we unlock our own. Visit https://www.thehartford.com/careers/benefits for details.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Executive Underwriter - UC07DE