Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Quality EngineerProcess Engineer Job Duties:
- Lead process development and certification for new applications and new surface treatment technologies
- Perform root cause investigations and implement operational corrective and preventative actions to solve technical, process and/or material/metallurgical issues related to quality, operations, and processes.
- Provide operations support through implementation of effective process controls for all surface treatments provided by the facility.
- Develop and manage technical documents that provide engineering requirements for Nitriding operations.
- Provide process related training to production, quality and metallurgical lab staff.
- Collaborate with sales and assist operations staff to develop new applications for Liquid Nitriding treatments. Includes assistance on cost analysis and designing necessary tooling.
- Manage quality documentation procedures with focus on developing Control Plans, FMEAs and Root Cause Analysis
- Actively participate in APQP and PPAP team activities on assigned product/process launches
- Lead quality/process improvements including the following: capability studies, scrap reductions/yield improvements, variation reduction, process improvements, product reliability improvements, operational mistake-proofing, and value engineering and cost reduction projects
- Lead resolution of internal non-conformances and customer rejects; track quality events, product defects or quality-related issues leading to delivery failures; work with production on defect containment, determine root cause and implement robust corrective actions.
- Train quality inspectors and production associates, developing their product knowledge and improving their work duties on their respective shifts
- Interpret part drawings, specifications and customer specific requirements to ensure that specifications, standard processes and operations are being maintained with due care in the processing of the product
- Conduct internal audits of the quality management system on a regular basis
- 4-year science / engineering degree minimum - preferably in Metallurgical engineering or Materials Science.
- 2-4 years of experience in process and quality engineering as related to metallurgical surface treatments and coatings.
- Strong metallurgical understanding of ferrous based materials (steel) and heat treatment essential.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 certification is essential.
- Knowledge of metallurgical services such as heat treatment, electroplating, nitriding, thermal-spray coatings etc. as applied to automotive or industrial equipment/ component manufacturers is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of common industrial and automotive applications required.
- Experience with customizing existing metallurgical processes to meet customer's specific technical requirements. Demonstrated Application engineering skills is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to drive process improvement and change, with results that have impacted the business.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders within the customer's and parent organization - product & process engineers, operations, and sales staff etc.
- Must have strong leadership, training, and facilitation skills.