Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Project Coordinator - NY
Join the Argus team and create state-of-the-art solutions for the critical infrastructure that fuels our world.
You can make a difference as one of the employee-owners of Argus Consulting, a trusted leader in planning, designing and managing the construction of complex fuel systems. Join the Argus team and work for a small business that has a global reach, in an atmosphere that is professionally challenging and personally supportive.
We've built our success on long-term relationships and traditional values - Integrity, Competence, Teamwork and the Golden Rule. And we continue to be successful by offering competitive salaries and benefits, real teamwork and a strong family culture.
Be a Project Coordinator
- Argus Consulting is seeking a qualified individual to fill a full-time Project Coordinator position in our Garden City, New York office.
- Projects include design and construction oversight of fueling systems and associated infrastructure for commercial airports located throughout North America, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
- Clients include airlines, airports, fixed-base operators, ENR's Top 25 Architecture/Engineering Design Firms and ENR's Top 10 Design/Build Firms, Fortune 500 companies, fuel-servicing companies, oil companies, railroads, and the U.S. government.
- Be an owner. We're 100% employee-owned and we pride ourselves on our technical innovation, creativity and highly specialized expertise.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree required in Project/Construction Management or similar, or a combination of High School and relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years related administrative experience in a construction or engineering office environment or a combination of related education and internship experience
- Must be able to develop and maintain budget tracking worksheets and charts in Excel. This includes creating spreadsheets that meet the individual project and Project Manager needs.
- Motivated self-starter
- Relevant experience supporting administrative tasks required.
- Excellent communication techniques, including strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities and meet deadlines.
Job Duties May Include
- Contracts - Track progress of contract receipt and coordinates legal review/execution to ensure all contracts are properly executed and provided to accounting for filing.
- Subcontracts - Assist in the preparation of subcontracts.
- Change Orders - Assist in tracking, developing, negotiating, and processing client and subcontractor change orders.
- Project Setup - Ensure Accounting has all required information to set the project up in Deltek. Assist Accounting in obtaining any additional information needed.
- Schedule - Assist in the establishment of the project schedule, maintain the schedule in Vantage Point as the project progresses, and provide the design team regular updates.
- Project Budget - Assist the Project Manager in monitoring the financial performance of the project using a combination of Vantage Point and Excel. This includes using Argus Consulting standard spreadsheets to track project contract values and change orders, budgets, etc. May need to create project-specific spreadsheets to track budgets, spend rates, hours remaining, etc.
- Program Budget - Assist the Project Manager in tracking the overall program budget, cash flow, etc. and provide routine updates to the client.
- Invoicing and A/R - Assist the Project Manager with monthly invoicing calculations and procedures. Assist with tracking accounts receivable, communicating outstanding payments and monitoring sub-consultant invoices.
- Quality Control - Assist in the implementation and documentation of quality control reviews.
- RFIs/Submittals - Coordinate shop drawing/submittal and RFI receipt and processing, communication with engineering team for reviews, and timely return to clients as required by the contract.
- Project Documentation - Responsible for initiating and coordinating construction documentation in ACC Build.
- Communication - Support the Project Manager by providing clear and consistent internal and external communication.
- Project Meetings - Assist in scheduling, preparing for and documenting project meetings. This may include audio/video presentation setup, preparation of agendas, project updates (e.g. One Page Project Manager) and/or meeting minutes.
- Monthly Progress Reports - Assist in preparation of monthly progress reports for clients.
- Project Closeout - Assist in the completion of the project closeout process. This includes documenting lessons learned, completion of project closeout form, and ensuring project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately in accordance with company document retention requirements.
- Serve as a secondary and back-up point of contact for the Project Manager between the owners and clients.
We are not considering applicants from recruitment/employment agencies.