Join Land O'Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to fork, building vibrant communities along the way. We're a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative, which means we work for one another-not Wall Street. We're proud to rank a Top Workplace. We offer:
- Competitive compensation and rewards
- Best-in-class healthcare for you and your family
- Powerful savings programs
- Training and career progression
Controls & Instrumentation Engineer
Our growth relies on our extraordinary talent. Unlock your greatest potential at Land O'Lakes by continuing to make a difference, driving results, and growing your career. Instrumentation and Controls Engineer Position Purpose:
Responsible for designing, developing, installing, managing and/or maintaining equipment, in our Kent, OH Dairy Foods manufacturing plant, which is used to monitor and control machinery and processes systems. This position will ensure that these systems and processes operate effectively, efficiently, and safely. This role requires a thorough understanding of the operational processes of the organization and works closely with colleagues across several functions, including operations, maintenance, purchasing, design and Corporate Engineering. Experience/Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with 2 plus years of manufacturing/processing experience or Associates Degree with 5 plus years of related skills/experience
- Previous ladder logic and text-based programming and function block concepts experience
- Must be able to efficiently use computer design/drafting software to develop and detail machine controls designs
- Must have knowledge of electrical and electronic components and experience troubleshooting/programming
- Distributed control systems (DCSs)
- Must have good written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate with various levels of employees and vendors
- Experience with SCADA, SQL Server, and FactoryTalk
- Union experience/exposure
- Experience and career history with "Fortune 500" type companies
- Prior/current supervising/management experience with proven skills in leading and developing hourly employees
Developing new control systems in addition to maintaining and modifying existing systems. Working collaboratively with maintenance, operations, purchasing and other internal staff to focus on process equipment efficiencies, changes to existing process parameters/equipment, increase of automation/controls and troubleshooting controls/programming .
Must have the desire to work in a fast-paced production and manufacturing environment based upon performance the incumbent must have the ability to be mobile as opportunities arise within the organization .
Hours: 1st shift role. May require off-shift and weekends hours as needed
Travel: Minimum travel of 10%
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.