Are you looking for a rewarding career with a dynamic company? Trademark Metals Recycling (TMR) is hiring. We are passionate about our business and about building relationships that stand the test of time. We are pro-active self-starters who thrive on opportunities, challenges and have a strong work ethic. And of course, we're competitive. TMR achieves success by hiring the best people so we are looking for motivated teammates that have a desire to help shape the future of scrap metal recycling.
TMR is Florida's largest scrap metal recycler with over 20 recycling facilities located throughout the state. Our facilities include four automobile shredders, balers, shears, mobile shearing, torch processing, auto crushers, an extensive truck and railcar fleet, landfill services and railcar dismantling.
TMR is a wholly owned subsidiary of The David Joseph Company (DJJ) which was founded in 1885 and is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 80 locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.Responsibilities
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
- Attend safety meetings and participate in safety program.
- General labor duties that may include but not limited to sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or equipment throughout the yard.
- Keep grounds clear of debris while maintaining safety standards.
- Assisting the Kiosk Operator with weighing, sorting, and moving material including general duties involving physical handling of materials, supplies, etc.
- Operate small equipment such as a forklift. Potential to operate larger industrial equipment.
- Perform daily inspections on equipment reporting any defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Preparing autos for processing, such as removing of designated parts, fluids, etc.
- Inspect incoming scrap and/or cars, advising customers of accepted and non-accepted scrap and taking deductions as needed.
- Willing to cross-train in other positions and assist other employees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service.
- Minimum of 1-year previous general labor in heavy manufacturing environments, preferably in the scrap metal or construction industries.
- Experience with Skid Loader/Skid Steer/Forklift preferred.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work standing or walking for up to 12 hours per day.
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes of priority and complete job tasks safely and effectively without constant supervision.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Flexible to work overtime, off-hours, weekends, and holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Bilingual preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package including paid training, bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, vacation, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with match, tuition reimbursement and other great benefits.EEO Statement
Trademark Metals Recycling, LLC is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.
Trademark Metals Recycling, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation/breastfeeding, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, familial status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, military status, or any other classification, status, or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Trademark Metals Recycling, LLC hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
TMR reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and teammates.
TMR also provides a work environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all teammates and applicants.
E-Verify Information E-Verify Notice