Excellence In Everything We TouchPosition Summary
We are expanding our Desk Operations and looking for quality adjusters who want to handle Property CAT claims from a desk. These Desk Adjusters will utilize technology to gather information and evaluate the loss. They will then analyze that information, determine coverage, and settle the losses with minimal supervision. You must have the ability to maintain high claim standards and produce a quality claim file.Responsibilities
- Examines claims forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions and other records when available to determine coverage.
- Effectively communicates claim process.
- Utilizes current technology to investigate property losses, make coverage determination, set reserves, review, and analyze written information and estimate damages.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information required by client, local, state, and federal government and by Crawford.
- Settles claims by determining insurance carrier's liability, client's instructions and authority levels required by obtaining demands and making offers to claimants, issuing settlement checks, making filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage, pursuing subrogation when appropriate.
- Achieves required Service Level Agreements "SLA" as set forth by client and/or Crawford for claim handling process.
- Maintains expected case load.
- Maintains company reputation and integrity of insurance products by complying with federal and state regulations, service standards and client requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through continuing education.
- Always upholds the Crawford Code of Business Conduct.
- Participates in special projects or performs duties in other areas as requested.
- College degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in insurance, construction, damage evaluation and estimating, building repair or similar backgrounds preferred.
- Must have current home state license or designated home state license. Must be willing to obtain additional adjuster's licenses in multiple states as needed at your expense.
- May or may not be asked to travel on short notice and remain on location for indefinite periods.
- In most cases, Catastrophe Adjusters are responsible for their own travel and living expenses while on assignment.
- Must possess the necessary tools, e.g. ladder, laptop, cell phone, etc., required for the assignment available.
- Acceptable results on pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and motor vehicle records check.
- Dependable vehicle & proof of auto insurance with required limits of liability ($100,000/$300,000).
- Ability to climb and be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Licenses & Certifications recommended.
- Auto Certification
- Fire Certification
- NFIP Flood Certification
- Bilingual a plus.
- Good communication skills, organizational ability, technical knowledge, and computer skills.
- Large catastrophe events may require prolonged periods away from home and long working hours.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with residential and commercial property insurance policies, terms, and conditions.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
- Knowledge of insurance industry, terminology, customs, and practices.
- Working knowledge of ISO policies, terms, and conditions
- Computer skills and learning new technology are critical to this position. Candidate will need to have a passion for learning, exploring, and applying new technologies, apps, and software.
- Knowledge of Xactimate / Xactware software applications. Also looking for Symbility users.
- Ability to work independently.
- Position may be home based/virtual or in office depending on the project or client.
People taking care of people. It's that simple. At Crawford & Company, we treat our clients' policyholders like our own, helping to restore and enhance lives, businesses and communities at all points of the claims management process. Combining a legacy of nearly 80 years of unmatched experience with global capabilities and industry-leading technology, Crawford is at the forefront of change, while also staying firmly rooted to our commitment to putting people first.
We are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset that's inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example - at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.