At any given time, 15 million Americans are experiencing a crisis that requires urgent help from our legal system or government. The right assistance can transform their lives. But today, most never get it. Atticus is a startup on a mission to change that.
We're reinventing a broken space: the $100 billion market for legal services for individuals. Through proprietary technology, a top-tier team, and a network of the nation's best local law firms, we've taken a rare and exclusive commodity - access to expert legal advice and referrals - and made it free and available to everyone. To clients, we're a source of trusted guidance and an easy way to find and hire a great lawyer. To lawyers, we're a source of vetted clients and a way to build a practice they love while doing good. Today, most of our work involves helping disabled Americans qualify for government benefits. We also help victims of accidents, misconduct, and violence recover by getting compensation from insurance.
We've raised $28 million from top VC firms like True Ventures (Peloton, Fitbit, Ring) and helped thousands of people in need ( see our 1,200+ five-star reviews ). We're small but moving fast - our team of 16 will grow to 30 this year - and we're seeking great people to help in our mission. The Job
Marketing - by which we mean reaching people in crisis who qualify for aid - is the most important and hardest part of our business. The challenges we face are unique among consumer-facing brands: Individuals who need our help are scattered almost randomly throughout the U.S. population (among many others who don't qualify) and competition for them is fierce (nine of the top ten most expensive Google Ad keywords worldwide come from U.S. contingency law).
As a Marketing Analyst, you will be part of the Marketing team at Atticus as we seek out individuals in need of legal help and connect them with life-changing services and aid. You will be responsible for providing insights into the performance of marketing efforts across channels (think paid search, paid social, digital direct, enterprise business partnerships, and more) to help the marketing team and Atticus leadership develop and hone our client acquisition strategy. You will measure performance of marketing initiatives through our entire client funnel and play a meaningful role in finding creative solutions to level-up our marketing performance.
This role could be a great springboard into marketing analytics management, a broader analytical role elsewhere within Atticus, or channel / growth strategy. You will:
- Track and forecast trends in client acquisition / marketing campaigns, analyze marketing performance, and use data to help problem solve when issues arise.
- Participate in the definition and measurement of KPIs that will drive our company's success.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and tests through the whole client journey.
- Become an expert on the performance of our paid marketing campaigns and suggest improvements based on the insight you uncover
- Help the marketing team and the Atticus leadership understand marketing performance trends through written and visual reports
- Build and maintain dashboards to illustrate the performance of our paid social, paid search, and other digital advertising efforts
- Ensure cleanliness of data pipeline and passback from ad platforms
Nice to have:
- You have 1-3 years of experience at a marketing agency or within a Growth / Digital / Performance Marketing team where you were responsible for marketing analytics, data analysis, data visualization that support strategic making
- You're a kind and thoughtful colleague who knows how to shape a great team culture and thoughtfully analyze data and communicate insights
- You have strong quantitative analytical skills and are comfortable working in data analytics platforms and data visualization software
- You have a demonstrated commitment to doing good and helping people.
- Experience in Looker, Google Analytics, Excel, and SEM / Paid Social platforms like Google Ads, Bing Ads, and Facebook/Meta Advertising
- You have exposure to media buying and understand the fundamentals of paid media campaign strategy
We are strongly committed to building a diverse team. If you're from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd particularly love to meet you. Benefits
This is a rare opportunity to join a startup that has strong traction (substantial funding, well-respected backers, tremendous growth, and many happy customers) but is still small enough that you can have a huge impact and play a role in shaping our culture.
We're a certified B Corporation tackling a critical social problem. Our mission to help people in need drives everything we do, and your work here will touch many lives.
We offer competitive pay - including equity - and generous benefits:
Location & COVID-19
- Medical and dental insurance with 100% of employee premiums covered
- 15 vacation days & 16 paid holidays each year
- Free membership to OneMedical
- $1,000/year reimbursable stipend for education and training outside of work
- $600/year reimbursable stipend for exercise and fitness
- Up to $1,200/year student loan repayment assistance
- 401(k) and optional HSA
- Free snacks, drinks, weekly lunches, and regular team dinners/events/retreats
- Humble, thoughtful, smart, fun colleagues
Today, half our team are in Los Angeles, a quarter (all from the client care department) are in Phoenix, and a quarter are elsewhere and fully remote. There are two options for this job:
- Live in Los Angeles, working a few days a week (or more) out of our beautiful office in the Arts District.
- Live wherever, work remotely, and travel to LA (on the company dime, of course) as needed to be with your colleagues - probably quarterly (or more if you want).
In short: You can do this job remotely, and we're committed to empowering everyone with flexibility. But we care a lot about building a great culture and we think some interactions need to happen in person, so we put a lot of thought into retreats, offsites, and other ways to gather.
As for COVID-19: When the pandemic started, we immediately shifted to fully remote to protect our team and shuttered our office. Today, everyone on the team is vaccinated, and many come in often (though we don't require anyone to). Going forward, you can expect that vaccinations will continue to be required for all employees and that if the omicron variant worsens or a new variant emerges that's life-threatening for vaccinated people, we'll return to fully remote temporarily.
(Note: We sometimes get asked about medical exemptions for COVID vaccination. Of course we'd make an exception for anyone who is medically unable to get the vaccine. But current CDC guidance is that almost no one falls into this category: the only groups advised not to be vaccinated are folks with a severe allergy to both polyethylene glycol and polysorbate, or who have a documented history of anaphylactic shock from past vaccines. We're willing to consider good-faith reasons, but please know that for us this is a workplace safety issue and our bar is high when it comes to protecting our team.) How to Apply
Use the short form below. Questions? Email email@example.com .