We're JLL-a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 98,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That's why we're committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We're using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we're honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we're headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements below. We're interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
The Move Coordinator is responsible for the outcome of the move processes, customer satisfaction, move communication, as well as transparency and reconciliation of costs associated with all move-related activities. Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to, coordination and execution of small and large office moves and changes.
- Manage all new hire onboarding information - reach out to admins/managers
- Meet with admins and team managers to discuss/guide them through logistics, blocking, and the details of their moves.
- Update move matrix, fill in customer information, technical requirements.
- Assess cubicle condition, order missing parts, ergo changes.
- Receive, compile and scrub move lists for potential issues
- Review furniture layout, determine location for files and storage.
- Deliver boxes, move labels, post pin ups, & deliver move instructions.
- Determine mobile locations and prep furniture for drop in stations.
- Act as liaison between teams and the move vendors, communicate any desk adds and last-minute seating updates.
- Schedule movers and alert security, provide all names for badging.
- Schedule disconnects and reconnects of computer, servers, printer, and phones.
- Operate check-outs, check-ins, manage all locations, making sure all clients are where they are supposed to be.
- On site for all vendors and customers during move.
- Review completed move and make adjustments with vendor.
- Coordinate vendors for installation of power/data as required.
- Submit service tickets to have space cleaned, keys and chairs at desk.
Post Move Follow Up
- Provide welcome communications with information on new location and site services.
- Troubleshoot all lost or misplaced items.
- Schedule vendor for scrap pick up, recycle or reuse excess furniture, and remove chairs
- Coordinate pick up of crates and/or boxes.
- Following projects and incremental moves, update seat assignment for accurate reporting
- Other projects, special assignments, and administrative duties as assigned
Sound like you? To apply you need to possess:
What you can expect from us
- College preferred but not required with at least 3 years experience in a corporate environment.
- Proficiency in a range of information technology tools and platforms.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you'll be asked to provide proof that you're fully vaccinated upon your start date. You're considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at AccomodationRequest@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.