As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Merchant Services is investing in a global leadership position in the rapidly evolving payments landscape with an aggressive transformation agenda under the name of Helix. This multi-year, firm-wide strategy will build customer-centric payments solutions for business clients. It's a unique opportunity to build a modern product suite on a cloud-based, API First, big data platform at an enterprise scale. In addition, the agile operating model will co-locate product owners, designers, and engineers to rapidly bring-to-market new product features. As a result, this transformation team will leverage the power of the firm to help clients expand globally with speed, efficiency, and innovation. You will have the opportunity to develop professionally and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Experience with industry wide technology strategies and best practices that include building applications that are secure from start
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals and being passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages such as Java, Spring Framework, REST API, Reactive programming, Python scripting, and micro services architecture
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as PCF, AWS and services like S3, DynamoDB, EKS, SQS, KMS, and ALB
- Experience with front-end development using React/Angular framework and typescript with tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc
- Minimum 5+ years' experience working as a hands-on Java Software Engineer
- Working closely with analysts, testers and key business partners for effective agile delivery and testing
- Hand-on experience with CI/CD, DevOps best practices, automation tools like Terraform
- Hand-on experience with TDD and BDD test automation frameworks like Cucumber, Karate, Mockito, JUnit, Jest, Mocha etc.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans