Group Manager - CAT Modeling - REF21022V
Role and Responsibilities
· Good understanding Cat Modeling process and workflow.
· Run vendor catastrophe modeling platforms (primarily RMS, AIR, Elements) for insureds and perform portfolio risk analyses.
· Working knowledge of RMS model scope across worldwide peril-regions regarding sub-perils, amplification, etc. along with basic understanding of cat-modelling four-box principle concerning exposure, hazard, vulnerability modules and translation of insurance and (re)insurance financial terms through coding in RMS and SQL.
· Understanding of Insurance of Re-Insurance concepts.
· Provide analytical support to catastrophe modeling team operations by sharing knowledge and information.
· Use technical expertise to resolve catastrophe modeling and risk issues to ensure business requirements are met.
· Provide assistance on complex projects by collaborating with peers.
· Work on Model validation and Model suitability projects.
· Testing new model versions and documenting the results.
· Responsible for work allocation.
· Provide timely and frequent feedback to team members.
· Prepare MIS reports and provide inputs for improvement areas.
· Managing portfolio rollup and post bind activities.
· Communication with onshore SPOCs at regular intervals.
· Degree in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, or Actuarial Science
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively both externally and internally within the team.
· Robust organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple assignments in parallel, work proactively with minimal supervision and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
· Established analytical skills and problem-solving skills from experience in catastrophe modelling business domain.