Software Tester - Site System & POS
The role of Software Tester - Site Systems is an independent role who can execute the test script without any supervision. Key challenge is to complete test preparation & test execution on time and provide overall delivery on time without much oversight.
Work closely with Scrum team members to clarify requirements, ensure testability and ability to design test cases, to provide feedback on design, both functional and technical. Identify test cases from Acceptance Criteria for the User Stories, estimate work and participate in design reviews. Work on frameworks to ensure continuous deployment and continuous integration.
The Manual & Automation Tester will be operating as part of a small Agile/Scrum feature team of about 5-7 developers, testers and other specialists. The Software Tester will have a solid reporting line to the Testing Competency Center Lead /Manager and dotted line reporting to product /Project manager/Scrum master and will work closely with other developers in the team working on other parts of the system.
Key accountabilities include:
• As a software tester, you will be responsible to Active contribute into end-to-end test activities such as test script development, test execution & defects management.
• Work collaboratively with Test Lead / Business Analysts in project to assess test scenarios and provide test requirements based on risk-based testing methodology.
• Design and Develop, Maintain Test scenarios, test conditions, test scripts, test data, and expected results for test streams, including Product Test, Integration Test, Technical Test and Deployment Test.
• Develop, update and maintain existing regression test assets
• Identify & Manage Test Data, Test Environment needs.
• Work closely with developers, support for various testing activities including test case / script writing, Clarification, data load, build deployments etc.
• Execute test scripts
• Provide test progress, test results with accurate Reporting to leads.
• Provide clarity on defect severity & priority.
• Participate in continues improvement initiatives.
• Being flexible to develop T shaped skills by augmenting manual testing experience and also building domain related skills
- Site Systems testing knowledge (POS / BOS / Payments Testing)
- Good understanding of testing in Payments domain – different types of cards, acquirer certifications, compliance requirements, Loyalty.
- Experience in Testing Electronic Card Payment (EPS) Systems, B2B Cards, B2C Cards.
- Experience in Payment cycles (regular card payment, coupons, refunds, reversals etc)
- Knowledge on EVM Solutions, PCI Security Standards
- Knowledge in Certification / Acquirer Certification / Accreditation Testing for Card Payment Solutions.
- Knowledge in using tools like Smartspy, Collise is advantage.
- Knowledge in Testing Consumer Loyalty Card based solutions.
- Mobile Payments/Loyalty Testing Skill set
- Work Expertise of Web Services & Integration testing
- Experienced with STLC and Testing Concepts
- Understanding of build pipelines, software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology, processes and procedures using ATDD and TDD methods
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment, working knowledge with VSTS & GIT.
- Skills in test integrations, defect management and test management using any ALM tool (VSTS / JIRA).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is mandatory
- Self-Driven, results oriented, motivated and a team player
- Ability to work across time zones and be flexible
In addition to mandatory requirements above, the following skills will be a plus: - Exposure to Agile and DevOps concepts
- Experience with test automation (Ex: UFT, Selenium with C#)
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent with of 3 to 6 years of experience in Retail Site Systems testing experience (POS / BOS / Payments Testing).